Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Riviera P-93

bucky katt

i got my Riviera P-93 Royale this afternoon and all i can say is this guitar plays and sounds even better than it looks. tis is now my favorite guitar! i am however now wondering this..............how long has the Riviera P-93 been built? I forst saw one for the first time about 4 years ago but i'm sure that it's been around longer than that.............hasnt it? after my fingers hurt too much to play anymore tonight i put it onto a stand and ive found myself just sitting here and staring at it, what a beutiful instrument, even the gold plating looks like it'll last a while. the only change i'm going to make is to install a roller bridge and thats it, it doesnt NEED anything else.

post-33839-064615600 1328591588_thumb.jpg

Well BK, that's a beauty. That would be the color combination I would get, since they don't do a natural version. When you get a chance, take a couple of pictures of yours and post them. The stock pictures are getting old. Enjoy.

P-93 Riviera LE's, have been around for 2-3 years. The first one's being the

Wine Red, with gold metal parts, version. The Gold Top, and Royale versions

are fairly new...introduced in 2011. They are (all) great guitars! Even more so,

at their price points! [biggrin]

Congratulations! Will be looking forward, to YOUR photos, of your new "baby!" [thumbup]

CB

Welcome to the forums BK, great bunch around here, I hope you like the place.

If you're after a roller bridge then you can't beat the Wilkinson's, bang for buck the greatest ones about IMHO.

Wilkinson Roller Bridge Thread

Info on how to post pics is in the DIY thread pinned to the top of the Epi Lounge, thanks to our dearly departed animalfarm who created it.

DIY Thread

usually i use hard parts and electronics from Guitar Fetish..........i'll check the pricing on the Wilkinson units though. any clues as to who would be the best dealer for Wilkinson parts?

I have another Epi electric, a 2006 Custom Shop Limited Edition Les Paul Classic in a really dark black cherry finish that almost blends in totally with the flamed maple top. cream colored binding and pickup rings, this is the best playing guitar i've ever owned. i got it at the guitar show at the Jamil Temple here in Columbia SC last year, i traded an Epi LP Ultra for it. still trying to make photobucket to work, i've never used an onine photo host thing. i'll get it eventually

usually i use hard parts and electronics from Guitar Fetish..........i'll check the pricing on the Wilkinson units though. any clues as to who would be the best dealer for Wilkinson parts?

GFS sell the Wilkinsons, don't buy your electronics from them though, it's cheap Asian crap, buy CTS pots, the ones with the brass shaft sleeves, not the pot metal ones, Orange Drop caps, inexpensive and very good and consistent quality, and Switchcraft switch and jack. This stuff will not cost the earth and it's pretty much what %95 of the guys use. eBay is your friend when sourcing this stuff.

Grats on the LPC, sounds like a real keeper.

I've had my Wine Red P93 for a couple of years now.

Great guitar, and as Charlie said, an exceptional value. I look at that Royale version and wonder what a set of gold dogear pickup covers would look like on it. Too much???

Anyway ... congrats and welcome to the forum!

Sany0005-1.jpg

Jim

i've actually got a couple of guitars with GFS pickups in them. a DeArmond M75T, a Squier Classic Vibe 50's strat carries their 'brighton' pickups, a close copy of what Brian May has in the Red Special. i agree on their pots and switches though, but the pickups are a great value.

i went out for strings, just got home. i found some P-90 dogear pickup covers and what i'm going to do is take the pickguard off and bring it to my local auto paint supplier and get her to match a pint of basecoat so i can do the spare covers, this way if i dont like the look i can go back to the original black, or maybe strip the covers i painted gold then paint them white to match the finish on the guitars body. i think i might even have some white paint left that will come pretty close to what is on the guitar. we'll see.

Archived