Gibson Brands Forums

Quick Connertor

stm113

Ok so no big surprise but I want to replace the stock p'ups in my Epi LP standard... mine has that cool (in theory) quick connect system. Where can I buy the actual connectors? Any one know?

China ...j/k ... I have no idea. If you're going to replace pups, consider rewiring the whole guit, since you're in there. Am quite sure the quick connects are only for fast assembly, not because it's "better" in any way.

If you're going to replace pups, consider rewiring the whole guit, since you're in there. Am quite sure the quick connects are only for fast assembly, not because it's "better" in any way.

Epi Wiring.........

Before:

spagetti.jpg

After:

IMG_1746-1.jpg

Otherwise, take it (the connector) or a picture to Radio Shack. (maybe?) Can't you reuse the old one?

Willy

I don't know if it's already been said, so.. welcome to the forum.

It would be great if folks would fill in the line showing where the member is located, when signing up for the forum.. that way it would be visible just below each members' user name.

This is especially helpful when folks are asking where to find something or when a member might be offering something to others.

There are numerous suppliers for these sorts of connectors which are very common in electronic equipment. Some suppliers require a minimum dollor value order, or may only sell items in various minimum quantities.

Locating a supplier for electronic enthusiast/experimenter/hobbyist types may be helpful for those wanting a few pieces of several different types of items.

For identifying almost any connector type (since they are rarely ever marked), one will need to know the pin spacing and pin sizes.. fairly easy if one has a caliper, not so easy if not.

Also, many connectors are sold as separate pieces.. the body may be one part number, and the contacts/terminals (male or female) contacts may be other separate P/Ns.

I don't mean to sound discouraging, but miniature connector terminals are fairly delicate, and are generally mounted by machines, rarely by hand tools.. although they can be installed manually.

As Willy mentioned, utilizing the old connector may be the easiest solution, not just because it's the cheapest way, but because after studying the connectors available, ordering new ones and waiting, the ones you receive may not fit for any number of reasons.

If you can cut the wire/cable about an inch (or more) away from the connector body, you would likely have enough wire attached to the connector to be able to solder the new leads to (if you're able to solder).. making sure you keep the same orientation of signal A+ (hot) lead, and the ground lead.

The connections may be insulated by several means, but short lengths of shrink tubing are one very good method (using a larger diameter section of shrink tubing which will extend from further up the cable and also cover the individually insulated splices will provide some structural reinforcement for the fairly fragile spliced connections).

Otherwise.. if you have some old unused/broken equipment laying around, you might get lucky in exploring the circuit boards inside and finding some matching connectors. I always find useful parts when scrapping old used equipment.

Bill

Ok so no big surprise but I want to replace the stock p'ups in my Epi LP standard... mine has that cool (in theory) quick connect system. Where can I buy the actual connectors? Any one know?

Archived