Gibson Brands Forums

Hard cases

Lazerface

Picked up a GOW nashville les paul jr yesterday from a second-hand store with a gigbag. I am more or a hard case kind of guy so when I got home I swapped my new lp out of the bag and into the case that was housing my jackson dkmgt. It's one of those square cases and it fits alright but i have to sort of wedge the body in. I want to start looking for a new case and wondered if there were any jr specific cases out there that I should be aware of

Man that is sweet, I have not seen a Nashville Junior is a while,

If you mind me asking how much did you get it for?

Junior cases are suppused to be thinner but Gibson cases are too expensive,

I bought a Musician's Gear LP case for like $45 and it is a nice case, not going to withstand a lot of touring/gigging but good enough,

if you go this route just pay attention to the dimension especially length.

Since TKL is the manufacturer of "Gibson" cases, I'm sure they make a proper fitting case for your guitar. Check their website, or shoot them an e-mail, and they can tell you what model number case they make for your guitar. Then you can shop your favorite retailers for that specific case number.

TKL cases from on-line, or catalog retailers, are not expensive. The price basically doubles when they print "Gibson" on it. The same TKL case that a Custom Shop Les Paul comes in costs about $170 in black tolex and no logo.

I have bought three TKL cases from First Quality Music. Great prices, great service.

To riffster:

I paid 700 otd, the tag price was 749.99 so i saved almost $100 from what they were asking. I know these were 800 brand new, but the limited run of 400 seems like it should retain most of its value. I was looking into a dc jr kit which would have run me about the same amount too, and this way i have a real gibson, but i'll probably end up getting the kit anyways sometime down the road

QOApyys2_original.jpg

I want to start looking for a new case and wondered if there were any jr specific cases out there that I should be aware of

http://elderly.com/accessories/items/GCEV-LPJR.htm

And if you're in Michigan near I-69 or I-96 there's your excuse to make a trip to Elderly (like you need one) to pick it up in person. btw I just bought one of the Canadian TKL cases for my SG Classic. They are deluxe.

Archived