Gibson Brands Forums

Wayne Henderson Guitars

JuanCarlosVejar

Have you been given any time estimate or a clue as to how many people are in line before your name is called?

When Wayne was staying with me last September he hinted to me how many orders he has received.

Needless to say, he will never finish them all. The number is a few times the number of guitars he has built in total over the past 45 years.

If you want a Henderson hand made in Rugby VA, you are much more likely to get one by ordering from his daughter Elizabeth "Jayne" Henderson

Here is her blog:

The Luthier's Apprentice

Thanks so much for the detailed response and pics! I will delve deeper into the links that you supplied when I have time. I've got some jamming to do this evening.

I REALLY like the Henderson NL....sweet! Bet it sounds wonderfull.

There is a nice one for sale here, Rod, but it could be the left one gone in exchange?

http://www.luthierscollection.com/images.php?id=henderson9

BluesKing777.

Damn you, BluesKing...You have now given me MAJOR GAS pains.... [mad] . I am in love with that guitar. The lighthouse motif is very 'regional' on my part of the coast. We have several lighthouses along the North Carolina coast. The most notable being the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse...which was moved back from the Atlantic some years ago to save it from the ravages of the ocean

If it was WH selling it, I could possibly 'cajole' hime with my 'southern manner' and 'southern jumbo' + some confederate money (hard-earned, mind you)....Ain't no unions down here ;) My left one is up for grabs....Ain,t getting much action anyway.... [laugh]

I will Call For Price tomorrow..

I have met the original owner of the lighthouse guitar.

It ain't cheap.

It is also the very first 12 fret Dread Wayne ever made.

Gruhn Guitars also has two for sale right now.

AM7096 Wayne Henderson

D-42 2008

NM, dreadnought, red spruce top, Brazilian rosewood back and sides, abalone top trim, Style 42 abalone snowflake inlay, attractive peghead inlay, proceeds from the sale of this instrument will be donated to the Junior Appalachian Musicians, Inc. (see www.regionaljam.org), HC

$19,750.00

AM7096.jpg

AM7085 Wayne Henderson,

0000-42 prototype

new 16-inch body width, 25.4" scale, Adirondack spruce top, beautiful Brazilian rosewood back and sides, abalone top trim and snowflake fingerboard inlays, fancy abalone peghead inlay, gold-plated Waverly tuners, HC

$20,000.00

AM7085.jpg

I have met the original owner of the lighthouse guitar.

It ain't cheap.

It is also the very first 12 fret Dread Wayne ever made.

Gruhn Guitars also has two for sale right now.

AM7096 Wayne Henderson

D-42 2008

NM, dreadnought, red spruce top, Brazilian rosewood back and sides, abalone top trim, Style 42 abalone snowflake inlay, attractive peghead inlay, proceeds from the sale of this instrument will be donated to the Junior Appalachian Musicians, Inc. (see www.regionaljam.org), HC

$19,750.00

AM7096.jpg

Thanks Michael for saving me the embarassment of making that phone call.... [scared][blush] :blink:

AM7085 Wayne Henderson,

0000-42 prototype

new 16-inch body width, 25.4" scale, Adirondack spruce top, beautiful Brazilian rosewood back and sides, abalone top trim and snowflake fingerboard inlays, fancy abalone peghead inlay, gold-plated Waverly tuners, HC

$20,000.00

AM7085.jpg

So....as I see it....

-if you were able to get Wayne to build you one (at a fraction of the 'used prices')

-if you were able to let go and sell

-if you found someone with DEEP pockets and willing to pay those prices

-it would be a 'sound investment'

??Is that about right??

Archived