Gibson Brands Forums

My first SG!

Sinner 13

Well looks like we've hooked another one boys! congrats, looks pretty clean and good condition. Soon you will be looking at picking up another, may I suggest, don't fight this, when it happens, just GO with it!!

[thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the newly acquired SG and well balanced too!

...not to be an alarmist...the SG does not appear to be supported properly in your case. Make sure the back of your headstock does not touch the bottom of the case. Also, add a support by the horns to prevent the guitar from moving. Should you happen to drop the case on it's head, the force will shove the headstock to the end and...crack? You can use a small 2x4 wood wrapped in a towel to secure any up/down movement. ...just my two cents.

temporary-3.jpg

I played the SG out Saturday night, and I found the 490's to thin and brittle at stage volume.

So I had a nice little jaunt to the music store today, Scooped up some new pup's(Seymour Duncan Jazz) , reflector knobs and an amber switch tip.

Threw in a couple of orange drops.......

[drool]

It Sounded "Good" stock, But I am much happier with the results from today.

Congrats!

I'm a speed knob guy, but to each his own. I love the look of the zebra pickups.

• 2 weeks later...

The best sounding SG I ever heard was a yellow SG with a seymour duncan distortion in bridge.

A friend was picking out a new Les Paul, after playing probably 7( Les Pauls) I grabbed the SG out of the used section, and it smoked all of the Pauls.

Archived