Gibson Brands Forums

Got a gig March 10th

daveinspain

Can't wait we have our first gig on the 10th of march. We've been rehearsing for like 8 months or so and now were going to show our stuff... I feel great about it, the band kicks!! Here is some of our set list;

Hold the Line, Toto

The Thrill is Gone, BB King

Every Breath You Take, Sting

Rolling in the Deep, Adele

Chain of Fools, Aritha Franklin

Land of 1000 Dances, Wilson Picket

Still Got The Blues, Gary Moore

Back to Black, Amy Winehouse

You Know I'm No good, Amy Winehouse

These Boots are made for Walkin, Nancy Sinatra

My Sweet lord, George Harrison

All That She Wants, Ace of Bass

We also do a bunch of standard Blues type tunes... Here is a Flyer I put together for the gig... If anyone is in the neighborhood please stop by [thumbup]

JackiesFlyerModificado.jpg

Flyer is in Spanish but you get the idea...

Congrats on the gig! Hope you rock the house.

We got a gig offer; just waiting on my drummer to confirm. This will be the first show with my new band and my first gig where I am singing and playing the role of front man (we're a two piece ala Black Keys, White Stripes, or White Mystery).

Congrats on the gig! Hope you rock the house.

We got a gig offer; just waiting on my drummer to confirm. This will be the first show with my new band and my first gig where I am singing and playing the role of front man (we're a two piece ala Black Keys, White Stripes, or White Mystery).

hey that sounds great! Best of luck I hope it all works out... With just 2 pieces you really have the pressure on to do well, no hiding behind anyone... [scared]

With just 2 pieces you really have the pressure on to do well, no hiding behind anyone... [scared]

I know! I am usually the weirdo hopping around on stage and rolling in broken glass. Now I am tethered to a mic. We'll see how that goes.

btw the gig has been confirmed for Friday, April 13 at the Horseshoe. It's not a deluxe venue, but I am not complaining. My last band played this bar more than a few times. Getting pretty geeked. The biggest hurdle with every band seems to be that first gig.

Archived