Gibson Brands Forums

Quad core phone with 720p 4.7 inch screen

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

A man in the know is trying to get me on the developer pre-release list for the HTC One X as a developer. If I get one it'll be unbranded and free of network bloatware. The development ROMs are supplied with root access which saves the usual process of bypassing memory address protection to mod the rom to gain root access.

Happy days!

Nice one..

I was in mobile development for a while.. And thats what I love about Android the fact they all have open root access :)

Personally im waiting on the Samsung Galaxy S 3 hmmmm

It is totally mad though that the phones have quad cores in them and some even have dedicated graphics cards.. proper little computers.. If they had biometric readers on them theyd be better than a tri quater ;)

Guest farnsbarns

Nice one..

I was in mobile development for a while.. And thats what I love about Android the fact they all have open root access :)

Personally im waiting on the Samsung Galaxy S 3 hmmmm

It is totally mad though that the phones have quad cores in them and some even have dedicated graphics cards.. proper little computers.. If they had biometric readers on them theyd be better than a tri quater ;)

Yeah the SOC chipsets are a bit mindblowing with GPUs and io controllers.

If you're into android you might be interested to know I was involved in the original root access on the G1 and apps2sd using symlinks to an ext4 partition on the SD.

Yeah the SOC chipsets are a bit mindblowing with GPUs and io controllers.

If you're into android you might be interested to know I was involved in the original root access on the G1 and apps2sd using symlinks to an ext4 partition on the SD.

nice [thumbup] But that is the good thing about open source stuff is that it can be shared.. Its a shame so many people are slaves to Microsoft when there are other solutions out there..

Any chance you could get me in on that too? msp_biggrin.gif I love the idea of getting a pre-rooted phone. You should definitely flash it with Cyanogenmod 9. msp_cool.gif

That phone is amazing. Though the Samsung Galaxy SIII will most likely be better whenever it is that they bring that out.

Guest farnsbarns

Any chance you could get me in on that too? msp_biggrin.gif I love the idea of getting a pre-rooted phone. You should definitely flash it with Cyanogenmod 9. msp_cool.gif

That phone is amazing. Though the Samsung Galaxy SIII will most likely be better whenever it is that they bring that out.

I tend to use Paul O'Brien's ROM kitchens to cook ROMs the way I want them. I used to make ROMs but it is far too time consuming and doesn't pay the rent.

I'm not sure about the Samsungs, thy always feel too light and plasticy to me. I have to admit to being a proponent of HTC Sense as well. Plus I've been hacking HTC phones since the first XDA (Wallaby), then the II, then the IIi then the Exec and then I had a brief fling with Symbian on a SE p900 and 910 and then an N95 (which was poo) then the G1 came about and I knew that Android was the future strait away. I even had Android running on an iPhone at one time.

A man in the know is trying to get me on the developer pre-release list for the HTC One X as a developer. If I get one it'll be unbranded and free of network bloatware. The development ROMs are supplied with root access which saves the usual process of bypassing memory address protection to mod the rom to gain root access.

Happy days!

Well, that kicks ***. Bloatware sucks. I consider IE bloatware, considering it's one of the worst browsers in history.

Guest farnsbarns

Well, that kicks ***. Bloatware sucks. I consider IE bloatware, considering it's one of the worst browsers in history.

BUT... If you didn't have IE on your PC when you first installed windows how would you download a proper browser. I've been telling people for years that that's what IE is for.

BUT... If you didn't have IE on your PC when you first installed windows how would you download a proper browser. I've been telling people for years that that's what IE is for.

I still hate using it. To speed things up and get everything I need (or a client needs) when I do a fresh install of Windows, I go to Ninite. Basically, it gets all of the downloads for you. It's a life saver imo.

Archived