Gibson Brands Forums

Epi SG 50th Anni

69tele

I haven't mate but they look sweet. I'm gonna be gettin one in the next few weeks to sit proudly next to my EJ200, my Riviera and my G400, guitar rack needed ha.

I'm at a crossroads with regard to the colour, I'm thinkin white or TV yellow but I'm swaying to the TV Yellow at the minute but still 100% undecided, what about yourself?

I wish they would have put the big batwing pickguards on these.

Well, that would have been a different year.

The 1961 had the small PG.

If you want the larger PG you can't get a '61. :-k

thanks guys, i like the look of the white one actually, always wanted a white guitar but never seem to be able to get one, I already have a Gibson SG61 RI and SG Bass Std, but the P90s are calling to me !

Well, that would have been a different year.

The 1961 had the small PG.

If you want the larger PG you can't get a '61. :-k

True, but to me, and most players, the big attraction is it being a P-90 SG Special, not anything about it being a '61. Everyone would be as happy with a 1969 big pickguard P-90 SG Special, ala Townsend, Iommi, and Santana. But that's more cosmetics than anything. It's just that almost all G-400's have the small angelwing pickguard. The thing I don't care for is the D shape neck.

I just saw this SG which had a *real* 50th anniversary recently.. and when I discovered it, it was too late to bid.. Rats!

Pawn Stars pick up Mary Ford's 1961 SG

Auction on eBay ended Feb 3 2012 Item #220939792311

Genuine '61 SG eBay Auction

EDIT: I think I messed up the links, because 404 Not Found errors were showing.. yep, there was one too many http://s at the beginning of the URLs.

The real '61 SG eBay auction started at 99 cents, and ended at $110,000.. so it did sell.

Bill

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new 50th anni SGs with p90s ?

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/SG/1961-SG-Special.aspx

I just saw this SG which had a *real* 50th anniversary recently.. and when I discovered it, it was too late to bid.. Rats!

Pawn Stars pick up Mary Ford's 1961 SG

Auction on eBay ended Feb 3 2012 Item #220939792311

Genuine '61 SG eBay Auction

Bill

I thought it didnt go for the price they were asking? If it didnt might be back up, unless someone has bought it.

Sorry, I messed up the links in my previous post, and have edited them.

Winning bid for the real '61 SG was $110,000

Bill

I thought it didnt go for the price they were asking? If it didnt might be back up, unless someone has bought it.

Archived