Gibson Brands Forums

Possibly selling some gear...

Tim Plains

Rather than hi-jack somebody else's thread http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=8852

I'll just start my own.

Thunder, It's just a thought...it's more to do with the Standard. I'm either going to sell it or keep it and mod it.

Either 57 Classics, Seymour Duncans, or maybe BB 2 & 3, and a complete wiring kit...probably the 57s.

The Custom, well...I want a reissue Custom and I don't want two Customs, just one. Gibson makes (or made) a '68 reissue Custom in silverburst. If I came across on of those, I'd consider it.

...hell, or just a Black Beauty reissue.

Guys, I'm not going to attempt to do any business with anybody on the forum.

I come here for advice, suggestions and what not, only. Some laughs too, 'cause AXE is a d*ck! happy0008.gif

I'm aways away from selling the Custom. If I do decide to sell, the Standard will go first.

Using LA Music's website (they're local), a 2008 Traditional is $2249. and a Custom lists for $3675.

Including tax, that's $2,568 and $4,153, respectively. I might as well use this price hike to my advantage, right?

If I do decide to sell, I'll only try locally and probably aim for $1,900 for the Standard and $3,500 for the Custom.

My target audience would be anybody local in the market for a new LPS or LPC.

If they don't sell, I'll just keep them. I'm not selling out of necessity; so, I'm not going to bend over for the potential buyer.

I've sold two Gibsons locally thus far and have only lost $150.

What do you guys think, does that seem reasonable or am I asking too much? (Keep in mind, I won't sell to you. O:))

I might be hitting the music store tonight, maybe I'll ask what a used LPS and LPC go for?

i think your non-Historics will all be going in time and replaced with their Historic counterparts.

You're probably right...Les Paul wise, anyways.

What colour is your Custom' date=' Tim?[/quote']

You mean you don't know? Hmm...this may call for some pictures. happy0008.gif

Leave it up to Tim to re-ignite my GAS...

I got to you the first time' date=' didn't I? happy0008.gif

SHUT UP' date=' SPAMMER! TAKE YOUR CHINESE SHOES AND FAKE ROLEXES SOMEWHERE ELSE!!![/quote']

So sowwy, masta!

Yowsers!! No love for the Customs!

So, I went to the local music shop and just asked out of curiosity what they their asking price would be on a used Standard or Custom. Mint condition, the asking price on a used Standard is ~$1,900. The asking price on a used Custom is $2,000 - $2,500. The guy said Customs aren't moving and they even don't want any. WOW! Not that I was going to trade it in, but damn...$2,000 was a shocker.

I'm local, and I'll forfeit my forum membership #-o

Seriously.

I'm not surprised the locals don't want your custom, most don't even want fx pedals.

I'm looking for a '79 all original silver burst in near mint condition, it's my birthyear...

My other option is a brand new one, which yours pretty much is.

Archived