Gibson Brands Forums

i just found a perfectly working Nokia phone in the trash

FenderGuy1

What puzzles me is why would someone be going through his buddy's garbage can in the first place?It seems kind of strange to me to say the least.

BTW if it was in his garbage and he doesn't know how it got there or who owns it he has absolutely no authority to give it to anyone as it could still belong to someone who had it stolen and if it ever got traced somehow someone could be nailed for possession of stolen property and take a guess who that may be.

If Fenderguy1 likes to collect cell phones, more power to him. Just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean it's not a valid hobby.

Well, he certainly could have worse hobbies at his age!

I can envision one scenario that seems innocent enough- his friend (or someone in the friend's family) throws their old phone in the trash. FG1 is visiting, and goes to dispose of (soda bottle, gum/candy wrapper, whatever) and sees the phone at the top of the heap. Asks friend who says it's being discarded, and is told to help himself if he wants it.

I can envision others, but the one above is of the more pleasant variety, so I'll stick with that unless he tells us something different ;).

Archived