Gibson Brands Forums

This is how it's done...

jaxson50

It has nothing to do with age, they have the same vibe, the same style of driving rock, and their father had a lot to do with that influence. I sure enjoy them, no knock on other artist of today, but if there is a group working today that comes close to Cream or other power groups of the 60's and early 70's, it's Los Lonely Boys

The guys are from my neck of the woods, Texas, and have stayed and played in Austin/San Antonio for a long time. The lead guitarist plays like SRV. He's really good. Their "60's" album called "1969", pays homage to their favorites (Santana, Beatles, Doors...). Their sound is "Texican", which includes Texas blues, Hispanic soul, Tejano, Rock, and country.

The roots of Los Lonely Boys go back to the 1970''s when their father Ringo Garza Sr. formed The Falcones with his brothers, Ringo's sons grew up in the music business, the three brothers, Henry on guitar, Jojo on bass and Ringo Jr. on drums moved to Nashville as a band backing their father and cut their teeth on the club scene there. When they moved back to Texas and recorded their first album at Willie Nelson's studio in 2003. "Heaven" was their first record to reach number 1 on the adult contemporary chart, it was also featured in Guitar Hero: On Tour. The song secured them a Grammy for best pop performance by a dou or group in 2005.

They have a large and dedicated following, and I have been a fan since I first heard them on Austin City Limits in 2006.

They took part in the Make Some Noise project with Amnesty International, for their part they recorded Lennon's Whatever Gets You Thru The Night, later they also covered Instant Karma, She came in Through the Bathroom Window.

As with any human they have had hard times too, I recall that one of them I think Henry lost a daughter, I can't document that, but I saw them on PBS doing a concert at their high school and he dedicated a song to her.

They are very good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YklVkaG2H0

Archived