Gibson Brands Forums

Worst GAS ever

fretter

This has got to be about the worst GAS I have ever had for not one but two guitars. That's right, I said two!

LP Studio Deluxe

Wildkat

The Wildkat I've been wanting for sometime now. I've even gotten three other guitars since, but that want has lost its patience. All the while, there's another guitar that's started to gas me real bad, Gibson Studio Deluxe LP Iced Tea finish. I played one out of curiousity - I was wondering why there was a $550 difference from the Studio 60s Tribute with P-90s that I recently purchased. All that I could see was that it had a gloss finish, Humbuckers and a case was included with this one. Nevermind all that, I played it. It was HOT! The 490 at the neck and the Burstbucker at the bridge scream like my wife whenever I bring home a new guitar. And it has a real rosewood fretboard, it was scary fast playing.

Here's my dilema: For the first time since I started my wild guitar buying binge in September - roughly one a month, I want one that is beyond my immediate purchasing power. I don't want to dip into savings or use a credit card. If I want it I'm going to have to save for it. I've never been good about saving for anything, my wife takes care of that.

I'm left with having to save for the LP out of my own disposable income. That could take 3-6 months and I don't have that kind of patience at all. I could get the Wildkat anytime but that would only slow progress if I do save for the LP.

I'm all kinds of crazy with GAS! Anyone else go through this?

Short-term gratification is obviously the way to go - buy the Wildkat!!!

Yup........Get the Kat now.....I keep scheduling a Kat myself, but my current pedal G.A.S. keeps putting that off.........

Les Pauls will always be there.......$299.00 Wildkats, I'm not so sure............

Wow! Everyone says, "doit!" I did it. Done ordered it. Pics when it gets here or it didn't happen.

Damian made the best point, "Les Pauls will always be there.......$299.00 Wildkats, I'm not so sure............ "

HNGOOD! Happy Guitar On Order Day! [woot]

EDIT: Not so happy guitar on back order day. [cursing] Doesn't do much of nothing my current GAS. [sad][crying]

I still have a 339 case on back order with GC since January. ](*,)

Several Epiphone models have been responsible for my GAS attecks and they wouldn't go away until I did something about it-which was buy the guitar that caused it.My current Epi GAS is being caused by a '60 Tribute and an Elitist Broadway or Byrdland or a 3 pup L.P. Black Beauty or a 3 mini-HBer pup Cardinal Red Firebird.Also on my GAS list are 2 Ricks-a 325 V '64 and a 360/12 V '64 and I won't even mentioned amps here or I could be typing all night ...lol.

You ain´t doing wrong with the Wildkat.......it´s such a lovely guitar. It´s not only the versatile sound and the outstanding look, but what I like about the Kast is the size of the guitar. It is just right for my feeling.

I love my Wildkat....[biggrin]

IMG_6775-1.jpg

I did it. Done ordered it. Pics when it gets here or it didn't happen.

Damian made the best point, "Les Pauls will always be there.......$299.00 Wildkats, I'm not so sure............ "

For that price... definitely!!!

We expect a full report when you get it.

For that price... definitely!!!

We expect a full report when you get it.

It'll be awhile, the Wildkat is on back order @3-6 mos. Meanwhile I just oedered the Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, it should be hopefully this weekend.

Archived