Gibson Brands Forums

What's For Dinner II

Californiaman

I decided it had been a while since I barbecued cod, calamari, and shrimp.

So I whipped up some kabobs.

Vegi and Fish Kabobs.

Good Eats: Mushrooms, Red Bell Peppers, Onions, Zucchini. Cod, Calamari, and Shrimp.

All barbecued over an open Santa Maria Style pit Barbecue. Of course everything was basted in butter and local white wine.

Cheers!

100_0363.jpg

I baked some frozen spring rolls earlier, when I got back from the jam session at around 1 AM I made some cheese and crackers with a bit of ham. A bear claw at breakfast time and a few soda's through out the day, that's about all I had to eat today. I try not to drink more than 2 or 3 soda's in a day's time.

A bear claw at breakfast time and a few soda's through out the day, that's about all I had to eat today. I try not to drink more than 2 or 3 soda's in a day's time.

Yikes. How's your blood sugar? Like a seismograph on a fault line?

Yikes. How's your blood sugar? Like a seismograph on a fault line?

Not everyone works that way. one of my best friends in the world has a supercharged metabolism and can eat an entire box of Reese's cups AND a box of Mounds and suffer no ill effects at all.... the machine just burns it up.

Me on the other hand.... I had to walk around the block 3 times just for reading that....

Not everyone works that way. one of my best friends in the world has a supercharged metabolism and can eat an entire box of Reese's cups AND a box of Mounds and suffer no ill effects at all.... the machine just burns it up.

Me on the other hand.... I had to walk around the block 3 times just for reading that....

It's not about gaining weight, it's about the roller coaster your system is on when you inject a lot of simple sugars. Sure, if you have a high metabolism you'll burn that off, but your blood sugar will still spike.

I decided it had been a while since I barbecued cod, calamari, and shrimp.

So I whipped up some kabobs.

Vegi and Fish Kabobs.

Good Eats: Mushrooms, Red Bell Peppers, Onions, Zucchini. Cod, Calamari, and Shrimp.

All barbecued over an open Santa Maria Style pit Barbecue. Of course everything was basted in butter and local white wine.

Cheers!

100_0363.jpg

Jeebus! How many people did you have over for dinner?

It's not about gaining weight, it's about the roller coaster your system is on when you inject a lot of simple sugars. Sure, if you have a high metabolism you'll burn that off, but your blood sugar will still spike.

Ya ain't listening. His spikes no more than if he'd eaten a normal snack or meal. His metabolism is different and he burns the sugar off. It's amazing.

Mine spikes no matter what I eat, except Chinese food for some reason. Stays stable as heck when I eat that.

Ya ain't listening. His spikes no more than if he'd eaten a normal snack or meal. His metabolism is different and he burns the sugar off. It's amazing.

I hear you now and that is weird. You're friend super human?

I hear you now and that is weird. You're friend super human?

Actually... now that you mention it, I think he is. I've seen him bend steel with his bare hands that I couldn't effectively bend with a hammer...... [confused]

Those meatballs and marinara look delicious!

Archived