Gibson Brands Forums

The NEW Live Album Poll!

kaleb

I would have thought that Dark Side of the Moon was the essential Pink Floyd album (even though I love wish you were here).. Dark Side is certainly the most commercially sucessful? :-k makes me suspicious about where that list got its information from

I'd have said The Wall.

But you grasp my point. I can find documentation on the internet to support pretty much anything :)

Here's a list that rates BOTH Zepplin (6) and Floyd (8) lower than Velvet Underground and U2....

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/4595384/ns/today-entertainment/t/best-rock-bands-ever/

The interwebz.... what an awesome tool for supporting awesome tools!

The VU above Zep and Floyd? Hell yes. That list is fail though because it has the Dead. The best way to describe the Dead? Twelve musicians on stage all playing their own song. Some are playing Louie, Louie. Another guy is playing You Ain't Going Nowhere. The drummers are doing warm up exercises; one is playing in duple meter, the other in triple. I don't get them and most musicians I know don't get them either.

Opinions/assholes. We all got 'em.

I spent far more time in the '70s listening to Floyd than Zep. I prefer Floyd to Zep. To me, the greatest band of the '70s was Pink Floyd. I didn't really get into Zepplin until college in the '80s.

Don't like it? Awesome!

No, I don't like it.....I love it, and I love me some Pink Floyd too. They are one of the most creative, talented, intellectual, and unique bands of our time. How's that for an opinion?

I'd like to see the Fillmore East Concert New Years Eve !969 of The Band Of Gypsys featuring Jimi Hendrix included on the list,the fact that it's not included is puzzling to me because it has widely been accepted as the seminal live guitar oriented album against which all others have been judged ever since.Jimi's incendiary performance at the Fillmore was the pinnacle of guitar playing and Machine Gun has been overwhelming hailed as the most incredible guitar performance ever recorded.Each song on this album is brilliantly played and shows Jimi at the absolute peak of his playing.Bill Graham went to Jimi between the two shows that evening and told him in no uncertain terms not to use his usual theatrics but to concentrate on his playing and show the audience what he was really capable of doing with a guitar,what followed was the most incredible exhibition of guitar wizardry ever witnessed.For these reasons that album should be there with the rest.

No, I don't like it.....I love it, and I love me some Pink Floyd too. They are one of the most creative, talented, intellectual, and unique bands of our time. How's that for an opinion?

Smells a LOT like mine!

Was it my Grateful Dead comment? That either gets a thumbs up or very angry laser eyes.

Yeah, your description was incredible....

... and oddly reminiscent of some past bands in which I've been invited to play... [biggrin]

Archived