Gibson Brands Forums

need advice on connecting 2 monitors to 1 laptop

krock

I currently already have dual screen setup. I have however recently bought a small tv/computer monitor which I wanted to use as a third screen and also to play playstation, snes and sega saturn on. The problem is not connecting the games console to the third monitor but rather connecting the latop to the 2 external monitors. I know that you can get ghosting by using a 1 vga to 2 vga splitter box and also through the cable version and as a result this wouldnt be useful. There are products such as Dualhead2go and DisplayLink USB to DVI adapter which I know would resolve the issue but they are way more expensive than the new monitor. Anyone got any better/ cheaper alternatives?

vga splitter cable ?

its basically a 1 male into 2 female vga cable. you then have to screw on another 2 male to male vga cables onto the female's to actually connect it to things.

And thanks chanman, looks like I might just have to use it for gaming. Im not sure I'll actually be able to pick up tv on it because I would have to use an indoor ariel and tv signal strength is pretty poor in derby. might borrow a freeview box and an arial though just to test it out

I would just like to point out that in the old days of usenet one of us would have suggested you get a job and move out of the basement so you wouldn't have time to play video games anymore.

And then we woulda laughed like ninthgraders. But that was then, this is now. I use two monitors at work here,

I have no idea how they did it. I hope you don't spend into good guitar money to do it.

rct

I would just like to point out that in the old days of usenet one of us would have suggested you get a job and move out of the basement so you wouldn't have time to play video games anymore.

And then we woulda laughed like ninthgraders. But that was then, this is now. I use two monitors at work here,

I have no idea how they did it. I hope you don't spend into good guitar money to do it.

rct

I moved out at 18. Im at uni atm. Ive only just got back into gaming, I stopped playing when I was about 14.

I already have dual monitor setup, i would like triple since I have the extra monitor

Archived