Gibson Brands Forums

Buzz Buzz Buzz goes the Hummingbird....

JoGo

Could be the lyrics in the old Huey Lewis song were different somehow, but...

...there is a Buzz somewhere inside the Body of my Hummingbird Pro.

I´ts definitely not coming from frets, tuners, headstock, strings or any screws mounted outside my guitar.

The Buzz seems to come from inside the Body, somewhere between bridge and output jack and occurs when i play just certain notes , mostly at certain two tone chords.

Meanwhile i´ve strunged the guitar at least 10 times up and down to check the inside by try and error search...

I cant find no loose parts or braces, so the l.r. baggs cables and the output jack are more and more getting under suspense...

I have the feeling, that moving the cables a little changes the way the buzzing reacts.

But it´s still there.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Could be the lyrics in the old Huey Lewis song were different somehow, but...

...there is a Buzz somewhere inside the Body of my Hummingbird Pro.

I´ts definitely not coming from frets, tuners, headstock, strings or any screws mounted outside my guitar.

The Buzz seems to come from inside the Body, somewhere between bridge and output jack and occurs when i play just certain notes , mostly at certain two tone chords.

Meanwhile i´ve strunged the guitar at least 10 times up and down to check the inside by try and error search...

I cant find no loose parts or braces, so the l.r. baggs cables and the output jack are more and more getting under suspense...

I have the feeling, that moving the cables a little changes the way the buzzing reacts.

But it´s still there.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

GOTO a Luthier. Impossible to do anything but guess without seeing it in hand, since you've looked into the low hanging fruit.

I second that you should go to a Luthier. It is possible that the end pin Jack may be slightly loos and cause an internal buzz. If your PU cables are not secured properly it can buzz. I would suggest that if it buzzes on an open note play it open and make it buzz whill trying to dampen different areas of the guitar to see if that does anything. Dampen areas on the Headstock as well.

Good luck!

Jeremy

O.K.

I keep on searching through the weekend. I´ll let you know if i find something.

I´m gonna take the Buzzer out for a gig on saturday.

Maybe i should burn it on stage?

Or end up with a "The Who" song?

That would be a completely different solution for the buzzing problem...

Spent the rest of the evening searching...

But now i´m 99% sure it´s got something to to with the l.r. baggs output jack.

After plugging in a few times the buzz is gone (for the moment) even without plug.

The output jack itself seems to be tight, i cant find anything loose.

Must be something inside...?

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a new Bird...love it..but it had a buzz, took it to Luthier and he used a tiny file on the saddle and the buzz went away (about 2 weeks ago). Last night it came back. the G string buzzes when I hit it open and it is very annoying...tried to loosen string and put peg back on, no help. It sounds like it is metal rattling, going to look inside with mirror to be sure.

I have a Hummingbird pro that has / had an annoying buzz inside the body cavity. Not a string buzz. I looked and looked, found nothing. I would shake the guitar and it sounded like there was a teeny tiny object in there. I could not shake it out or find it. I finally determined that it was one of the wires coming from the baggs battery pouch. The wire was not secure and rubbed slightly against the inside of the guitar intermittenly. I Itucked the wire back into a corner of the corner of the inside the body and the buzz went away.

Archived