Gibson Brands Forums

how much can cost

Dan41

i have the chance to buy a 1997 Ace Gibson les paul the guitar is a real one (got ebony fingerboard and i look at the truss rob and every thing look legit to me) the guitar is in very good cond. the guy ask me to give him offer but i'm not very good for that i don't want to give to low or to high what a good price range for this usa made kiss gibson les paul [confused]

i have the chance to buy a 1997 Ace Gibson les paul the guitar is a real one (got ebony fingerboard and i look at the truss rob and every thing look legit to me) the guitar is in very good cond. the guy ask me to give him offer but i'm not very good for that i don't want to give to low or to high what a good price range for this usa made kiss gibson les paul [confused]

Best to have a look at ebay and see what they are going for.. maybe check craigslist and a few other places..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=gibson+les+paul+ace&_sacat=See-All-Categories

A new one is $3,449..

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Ace-Frehley-Budokan-Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

And just go for a figure that averages somewhere in between.. you will also find signed and aged versions of the guitar which adds to the price.

I was just trying to give you a rough idea. The one thing about Gibsons is that they hold their money and some that are deemed collectable sometimes, but not always will rise in value.. Very few guitars are worth that much more then they were paid for.. and the reason I gave you those links as thats what they go for today.

So unfortunatly you will just have to make a guess on what to offer based on what a new one is worth and what a second hand one is worth and maybe see if you can find one of the same year and model on the internet and see what they are charging.

Or if you feel cheeky make a low offer and see what he says.. he can only say no :)

I saw one go for $2400 + 15% = $2760 at a collector's auction in NC two Friday's ago. I thought that was a pretty good deal. It was the 90's model with Ace's face and the Ace of Spades on the headstock. Had a ding on the top and light play wear.

Archived