Gibson Brands Forums

3 Epis in a month! Pics added!

keeffan

After having 0 Epis or Gibbys in the stable for over 5 years, I have bought or traded my way into 3. First a Tele traded for a Wildkat, then I bought a new Nighthawk, now I just traded a Gretsch Jr. Jet for a G400 refinished in Pelham blue nitro. What's gotten into me?!

Nice 'Kat~ [thumbup] I see the poker chip has been removed, and those don't look like stock knobs. Did you do that, or is that how you got it? Any other mods been done?

And, more importantly - How does she play?

I juuuuuuust orderded some gold Gibson speed knobs for my Wildkat today! lol Wasn't sure how they would look on my Kat but now I see that they look great on it. Did they fit snug and do you have any tips for swapping the knobs out???

Let's maybe not be so rash just yet, Keef.

What do you mean by, "meh" tone? What kind of tone are you getting, and what are you looking for? Is it too dark, too muddy, too bright, too harsh...?

You can try raising or lowering the individual pole pieces on the pups and see if that gets you closer to what you're looking for.

But if you really aren't bonding with it, so be it. I'm sure there are a few folks around here who'd be happy to help you find it a new home~

Cheers,

P.

After having 0 Epis or Gibbys in the stable for over 5 years, I have bought or traded my way into 3. First a Tele traded for a Wildkat, then I bought a new Nighthawk, now I just traded a Gretsch Jr. Jet for a G400 refinished in Pelham blue nitro. What's gotten into me?!

Nitro finish on an Epi?

Just got the G400 in the mail today. Still need to set it up to my taste, but so far me likey! Pouring rain today, so no group shot together, but here's some separates:

2012-05-29145131.jpg

2012-04-04210341.jpg

2012-03-29155810.jpg

beautiful collection, my son's g400 he purchased a couple of years ago, very good decision. The colour is quite rare, we purchased this from a stock list we found by accident on an Australian Gibson/Epiphone distributors website. We contacted our local store and they sourced it for us.

Let's maybe not be so rash just yet, Keef.

What do you mean by, "meh" tone? What kind of tone are you getting, and what are you looking for? Is it too dark, too muddy, too bright, too harsh...?

You can try raising or lowering the individual pole pieces on the pups and see if that gets you closer to what you're looking for.

But if you really aren't bonding with it, so be it. I'm sure there are a few folks around here who'd be happy to help you find it a new home~

Cheers,

P.

Sold it and my CV Tele super fast and got more than I had in them. The Kat was well built, and I love P90s, just not these for some reason. I fiddled around on it a lot, but the tone between neck and bridge pups was just to similar for me. THEN, a FSR Sunset Orange Tele '72 Custom P90 showed up on Guitar Center's used website and I really NEEDED that, so a couple had to go. The Nighthawk is not going anywhere though. I had the 93 Gibby version and foolishly sold it in 96. Holding on to this Epi one forever! [wink]

Archived