Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - wine red 335

texasdw

I saw one of these on line and sought it out. The figured wood is really striking. And I'm a sucker for a red guitar. Throw in the gold hardware and I'm there! I actually found two of these in the local area (Houston), but I think they must be fairly rare, as ES 335s go. BTW, the sound, as you might imagine is classic 335. Very versatile. I'll also give Ron Pace kudos for a fantastic set-up. The guy really knows what he's doing:

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

Memphis.

And I've read the other thread about quality issues. This guitar was flawless (well, of course it needed a good setup, but I don't consider that a "flaw" by any stretch).

These are truly awesome Guitars. I've always been a Fender Man but my 2011 335 in cherry has crept it's way to the top of my collection. Just an incredible guitar. The best guitar Gibson produces in my book. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Memphis.

And I've read the other thread about quality issues. This guitar was flawless (well, of course it needed a good setup, but I don't consider that a "flaw" by any stretch).

I am glad to see that Memphis is turning out quality instruments on a par with Nashville! They have been making some great strides over the last few years.

• 1 month later...

Archived