Gibson Brands Forums

Talent Quest

BluesKing777

I don't normally go for watching talent quest stuff, but we are currently watching the local series of The Voice, and there are some incredibly talented singers!

Check out my favourite to date: some simple guitar with vocals that, well, judge for yourself:

BluesKing777.

Here is a small good news story:

The one I picked above won the whole contest! Over, finished, took the money and run!

And rightly deserved it!

Some wonderful singing by the contestants and this show is a million light years from those old hammy talent shows....

BluesKing777.

I dunno, I actually found her voice and delivery quite annoying. Plus she needs to put some new strings on that guitar.

Myself and Mrs EA have been watchign the Czech version of The Voice, and its been a lot of fun (music is the common link when you have a partnership of different nationalities and languages).

However I could not access the Aussie Voice contest online because I didnt live in Australia, can you believe that ..?? [blink]

EA - You can access all of them (if you must) on YouTube. They are all next to each other.

Amazing how what sounds great through the stereo tv sounds a touch pathetic and skinny on computer speakers on Youtube....and yes EA the guitar needs a change of strings or possible the strings need a change of guitar!

Well I enjoyed the whole Voice series - there are very talented amateurs getting around - but I have seen well enough power ballads for a while - the alternative tv watchin' experience is pretty lousy though - seems like they are remaking their own versions of Friends, only it's Friends at the beach, Friends on vacation in Harlem, Friends build crummy houses together, Friends become Cops, Friends find More Friends In LA etc, etc. So not a lot of music on general TV, I am saying. Music comps will probably will be everywhere now, for a while - the tv stations had record ratings.

BluesKing777.

I don't normally go for watching talent quest stuff, but we are currently watching the local series of The Voice, and there are some incredibly talented singers!

Check out my favourite to date: some simple guitar with vocals that, well, judge for yourself:

BluesKing777.

Oh wow thats the Australian version & Seal is there and Mr.Nichole Kidman..Im starting to watch that series tonight,wife will be happy. The US version got us tired pretty quickly but we super liked the UK version.

I dont fancy this singer though..there was a similar raspy one on the US series that I think went to the very end. Thanks

Archived