Gibson Brands Forums

Had a gig yesterday

daveinspain

My band played yesterday a very cool little bar in town. Really good acoustics, sounded great but... We booked the date a couple months ago but as luck would have it turned out to be the night Spain played against France in the European Cup... ](*,) We were supposed to play at 7:30pm, the game started at 8:45. We were a little late getting on waiting for some more people to show up. We started at 8pm... I think we got 5 tunes in and the lights came up 60" plasma came on and all eyes went to the soccer match, including the brass section... :-k We finished the tune we were playing and watched the game.

Well at least Spain won and it was a good game... [rolleyes]

My band played yesterday a very cool little bar in town. Really good acoustics, sounded great but... We booked the date a couple months ago but as luck would have it turned out to be the night Spain played against France in the European Cup... ](*,) We were supposed to play at 7:30pm, the game started at 8:45. We were a little late getting on waiting for some more people to show up. We started at 8pm... I think we got 5 tunes in and the lights came up 60" plasma came on and all eyes went to the soccer match, including the brass section... :-k We finished the tune we were playing and watched the game.

Well at least Spain won and it was a good game... [rolleyes]

England vs Italy tonight.. not really much into football but should be a good game.. (I will be quite shocked if we beat Italy).

ha! Gotta love gigging the sports bars...

years ago worked in band played a sports bar on a regular rotation back when I was doing this semi-full time. The owner would usually just tell us during game nights, "hang lose till the game is over then, do what ever the heck you want".

On particular weekend included the night the night the Celts won the MBA champion ship (I think 85, or 86) Game aws intense, (Lakers) and the place was going crazy all night, roof came off when they won it, soon as the game ended, we start playing, (like immediately). The crowd, who was totally primed by then went absolutely nutz when opened up for the night.

played a set an half, got the full nights pay, happy crowd, happy owner, what wasn't to love?

/KB

Archived