Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone PR 350S

Racyray

• 3 weeks later...

I would not recommend publicly posting your whole serial number. Counterfeiter guitar makers often find these posted serial numbers, and USE THEM on their fake guitars! That way when they sell them, they are labeled with an actual Epiphone serial number...YOURS...and the buyer often believes he is buying an original.If it is a new Epiphone, the first two numbers will be the year, the second two will be the month...example....first 4 numers of serial number are 1109....which would mean it was made September of 2011...the third set of numbers indicate the foreign factory such as 17 for Indonesia, etc. Good luck.

Thanks for the info…

I’ve seen a few older posting with pictures of the paper label inside a PR 350S. Most of them state Epiphone by Gibson, Model info, then serial number, then Made In info. However, mine just list the words Epiphone, Model & Serial No., nothing else. I purchased the guitar new in the early to mid 80’s, in the SF bay area. It has a 7 digit serial number, beginning with 9082, so I don’t think this a manufactured date…

The PR-350 (which includes the models: 350/E/C/S/M/SM/SR/SO/RW/BE/BCE & 12) were made from 1986-2003 in total. The PR-350S was made from approximately 1990-2003. I believe that all of the PR-350 models were made at the Samick plant in Korea. The factory origin should be at the beginning of the serial number indicated by a letter. If there is no letter prefix, then I believe it is safe to assume this model was made at Samick, Korea.

Your serial number indicates that the guitar was made in August of either 1989 or 1990, depending on how you interpret the zero. Though this model was not released until 1990, it is entirely possible that they began production in 1989 for the 1990 model year.

• 2 years later...

The PR-350 (which includes the models: 350/E/C/S/M/SM/SR/SO/RW/BE/BCE & 12) were made from 1986-2003 in total. The PR-350S was made from approximately 1990-2003. I believe that all of the PR-350 models were made at the Samick plant in Korea. The factory origin should be at the beginning of the serial number indicated by a letter. If there is no letter prefix, then I believe it is safe to assume this model was made at Samick, Korea.

Your serial number indicates that the guitar was made in August of either 1989 or 1990, depending on how you interpret the zero. Though this model was not released until 1990, it is entirely possible that they began production in 1989 for the 1990 model year.

Hi,

I sorry for bumping this old thread, but I've seen this statement of PR350S guitars being manufactured starting 1990. I bought mine in 87-88. Unfortunately I took out and threw out the model number label when I got the guitar (for my birthday) as I was disapointed that the guitar was not an american made Gibson... I believe it said that it was made in either Korea or Japan. Looking at the edge of the soundhole, it appears to be a solid top. Does anyone know where those manufacturing dates come from?

Mike

I would not recommend publicly posting your whole serial number. Counterfeiter guitar makers often find these posted serial numbers, and USE THEM on their fake guitars! That way when they sell them, they are labeled with an actual Epiphone serial number...YOURS...and the buyer often believes he is buying an original.

I'm so glad they don't just walk into a music store and get some serial numbers.

oops.

rct

• 5 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Epiphone six string acoustic guitar, model PR-350NA:

Ser # G98010153.
The inside sticker is oval, lists the Model no., the Serial No., and then also states, below those:
"This instrument is hereby
GUARANTEED
against faulty workmanship and materials."
Under that is the Epiphone logo, and under the logo it says:
"Quality instruments since 1873."

In reading this thread. I see no other 
PR-350NA guitars listed, and no others with a 9 digit serial number.
Is this a fake? If not, do you have any idea when and where it was made?

Thank you!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have an Epi PR 350S that I bought in 1988 for my wife before we were married, made in Korea, solid top.  Still plays beautifully and compares well to my Gibson Songwriter and Taylor 410 as well as others I have. Very similar neck to my Gibson and it rings sweetly. This was bought new from a music store for about $230 Canadian, so I can verify the Korean made models had 7 digits with the first digit the year of the decade, the next two denote month and the last 4 mean order of production in the series.