Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone in UK..?

merseybeat1963

If this is legitimate this is a good deal..at £2600.

If I was in London,could go see it in person..(and had not already spent the cash on a Braz.H&D) Id go with a mind to buy this Braz J200.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/msg/3145992288.html

It's such a good deal that I have to doubt its legitimacy. These Ray Whitleys go for over $10K in the U.S.

-- Bob R

I have seen one selling for $6k a couple of years ago..and it is possible the guy is the original owner & paid a little more than what he is asking..Or just feels this is a decent price..and got it for a good price originally.

Too much trickery on craigs list casts doubts on many of the offerings on there but Im thinking this is noble London : )

Hi Juan..

I would think if he was desperate for money he'd be selling it for more ?

Maybe I should offer the guy a trade,Bed and breakfast at our house for 2-3 weeks including bus fare back & forth to Manhattan (we are 21 miles out) for him and his wife...

Parts of this 1874 house are a wreck but others are pretty elegant. We can do some dinners for em too (wife is a cracking cook)

Considering how much we love going to London I probably would go for similar deal : )

The photographs are poor quality and the description is sparse.

Not everyone has a great camera, but if it was genuine I think that the seller would at least put a more detailed description.

If it's in London and you are genuinely interested you could arrange to meet on Denmark Street with a view to buy, but then you could go into vintage and rare before buying and have them take a look.

I filmed a vid with my old band at Gibson UK HQ in London a few years back (YouTube "Mercurymen Introducing The Band" to see it), and played the Ray Whitley that was in the showroom for the video shoot. It was, without a doubt, the best sounding off-the-peg new guitar I've ever played. The video doesn't do it justice, the thing was explosive.

The real theft is the price dream guitars has on that one, Yeechs!

Maybe that RW (for sale) is an Indian Rosewood version..if ever was one made? Cause the back kind of looks like it.

But the one he's selling I think has Ray Whitly inlayed on headstock

Im in no market to look at another guitar thats for sure ,credit card statement arrived today with the very cruel reality. : (

It seems for every $2 I spend ,another $1 appears out of nowhere.

The real theft is the price dream guitars has on that one, Yeechs!

I know of some that have sold for over $10K.

Maybe that RW (for sale) is an Indian Rosewood version..if ever was one made?

There weren't any in Indian. This is number 24 of the 37, and they're all Brazilian.

I've played 3 or 4 of 'em, and they are indeed real nice guitars.

-- Bob R

If anyone who lives in the uk gets a a chance to go see it..or buy it, tell us about it.

If those guitars go for $10k Id rather have any day that J200 Juan posted from music villa..what a beauty & it seems to sound really good.

But for $4100 the RW is extremely worth it...unless there is a guy with a big stick waiting at the other end to plunk you!

The incredible thing is the base price of a set of Brazilian Rosewood is $5-600 for an uninteresting set to $1000 for a nice set to $1500-2000 for a really wow looking set.

The main thing is the Brazilian sound.

Usually Martin uses the lowest it seems of the regular looking stuff..Gibson usually goes for nicer.

But upcharge is so much more.

Oddly the headstock is cut off in the photo - no Gibson logo showing. On the other hand, who would fake all the other inlays that are showing? Nonetheless all very Craigslist, and given UK prices far too cheap, even if he is desperate for cash. He'd surely do better selling to a shop, even given mark-up.

Archived