Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Midtown Standard

CowboyBillyBob1

I just posted my experience with a new purchase. Check it out if you care to hear about this fantastic offering from Gibson USA.

Midtown Standard

Im jelous :)

We wont even see one or the new Midtowns here for at least another month...

Cant wait to try..

Happy playing man. [thumbup]

I played one of those at the Gibson Summer Jam last year and it was sweet.

Actually I saw one in action earlier this week, one of the guitar players of the band Lit played one one a few songs.

By the way, the essential trick of stringing a bigsby is to hold the ball end and bend the string that way the ball end won't slide out. Easy trick huge difference, using this trick I re-strung my Gretsch in about 10 minutes.

Im jelous :)

We wont even see one or the new Midtowns here for at least another month...

Cant wait to try..

Happy playing man. [thumbup]

Hi Rabs.

Based on what you have posted before I am sure you are going to love this ‘60’s slim taper neck. I loved the Bigsby and ’57 Classic and ’57 Classic + pups even more than the 2012 LP Standard Burstbucker Pros.

The Master Volume and Tone control knobs were to my liking as well. Despite the specs I could swear the fretboard is Ebony. Definitely not rosewood and I doubt it is richlight.

The Custom comes with a richlight fretboard and dedicated Volume and Tone controls for both pups. No Bigsby either.

Be careful when you give it a test drive. I was looking for a cheap Epiphone Dot and it sucked. Tried a Gibson ES-339 but was not impressed especially with the cost.

This Midtown is awesome and even though it was twice as much as I was looking to spend I fell in love with it right away.

I played one of those at the Gibson Summer Jam last year and it was sweet.

Actually I saw one in action earlier this week, one of the guitar players of the band Lit played one one a few songs.

By the way, the essential trick of stringing a bigsby is to hold the ball end and bend the string that way the ball end won't slide out. Easy trick huge difference, using this trick I re-strung my Gretsch in about 10 minutes.

The next time I change strings I am going to use a capo to hold the string so I can tune it to pitch. Live and learn.

Great guitar at a great price. I am in love again.

The next time I change strings I am going to use a capo to hold the string so I can tune it to pitch. Live and learn.

Great guitar at a great price. I am in love again.

Yep, forgot to mention the capo, that makes it even easier. You do however still need to bend the string by the end ball, in the end that bend happens when the string is tightened. Of course the string should be bent while holding the ball end by the flat sides.

Archived