Gibson Brands Forums

Just Received my New LP Studio, Not Happy

Canadian_Charlie

I've bought guitars from Thomann, to be shipped to the UK. None appeared to have been removed from the original packaging and have been delivered, in pristine condition. I can only assume you were unlucky! - As to their customer service, I cannot comment, as never had to us it! - I used Thomann after they were recommended to me by several professional musicians I know and the Euro/UK Pound rate was very favourable, saving me around £300 ($400?). The first guitar I bought, was an Gibson LP Trad. After reading several sites advising NOT to buy an expensive guitar, without trying it out first, I thought the saving out-weighed paying full-retail price. It needed very slight bridge adjustment, other-than-that, perfectly set-up. Like I said, I think you were just unlucky and it sounds like it slipped through Gibson's QA, as the Gibson box seems un-opened. Sounds like their customer service is taking things in-hand & I hope it is sorted out! - A UK company, would have probably fobbed you off...

I've bought guitars from Thomann, to be shipped to the UK. None appeared to have been removed from the original packaging and have been delivered, in pristine condition. I can only assume you were unlucky! - As to their customer service, I cannot comment, as never had to us it! - I used Thomann after they were recommended to me by several professional musicians I know and the Euro/UK Pound rate was very favourable, saving me around £300 ($400?). The first guitar I bought, was an Gibson LP Trad. After reading several sites advising NOT to buy an expensive guitar, without trying it out first, I thought the saving out-weighed paying full-retail price. It needed very slight bridge adjustment, other-than-that, perfectly set-up. Like I said, I think you were just unlucky and it sounds like it slipped through Gibson's QA, as the Gibson box seems un-opened. Sounds like their customer service is taking things in-hand & I hope it is sorted out! - A UK company, would have probably fobbed you off...

This [thumbup]

I've had a couple of guits delivered from Thomann and they have been unopened and in perfect condition straight from the factory. The weak EURO at the moment means people in the UK can make significant savings. Thomann also pack age exceptionally well- double boxing with plenty of inflated bags inside to keep your order safe.

Just to let everyone know that I was going to ship the Les Paul back to Thomann but my local post office quoted me a unreasonable price to mail it back to Germany. After an e mail to customer care they are giving back 60 euros to my account, I can live with a small scratch on the side of the guitar and the scratches by the bottom strap button which you can't see when there is a strap on it.

On a final note I will admitt that Thomann has a great customer service team and sales team as well. This little incident will not stop me from buying from them again, which will be just before Christmas.

Thanks to all the responses from the members here

e8926380.jpg

I had a studio 60's reissue delivered from Andertons that was in a sealed box (straight from Gibson) and had a whole corner of paint missing.

Heaven knows how it got out of the factory.

I have the same one - those have a worn finish

Scratches are nothing to the sound and playability

Return it if you want to wait a long time to get one without scratches

I like to refer to my scratched and dented guitars as 'rescues'

I have the same one - those have a worn finish

Scratches are nothing to the sound and playability

Return it if you want to wait a long time to get one without scratches

I like to refer to my scratched and dented guitars as 'rescues'

It went back 12 months ago. I bought a used one and saved £200.

Archived