Gibson Brands Forums

question re: LP Jr bridge

Junior Jr III

I've just replaced tuners and bridge on an LP Jr and need to set the intonation. The bridge is a GFS intonated wraparound and I wondered how close to perfect will I be able to get this? Do I have to use a bridge with independent saddles? I like the idea of keeping this fairly true to the original setup. I've got another Jr where the low E is out of register while the others are fine. It has the stock wraparound bridge and tuners.

Probably I just need to have patience and spend more time fiddling with the set screws and height adjustment. Tips from the experienced please?

As far as I am aware, early Juniors were casual as to intonation... [biggrin]

I use a top quality Junior copy which has a straight wrap around with no thought for adjustment

Sounds fine to me [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

+1. I have an original '59 and the straight wraparound sounds fine to me too!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't wraparounds designed for wound Gs? That a lot of the intonation problems associated with wraparounds started when people started using plain Gs? Seems I heard or read that somewhere.

Thanks for the opinions. I'll monkey with both of them and see how close I get.

Tweed, the middle of the board seems ok on both. Problems tend to come from the bass E side. Couple of turns of the screw should do it or I'll just turn up the distortion and who cares?

Archived