Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

Enmitygauged

Well I have been missing a WAH since throwing my SLASH wah at a wall. Cos honestly its the worst pedal in the world.

I thought I would go with something with a little more class. The Hand wired VOX Custom Wah is about as pretty as a pedal can get. its down side is no power input but I will put a clip in to the 9volt and that should do me fine. Its not a tinny wah like the dunlops/Slash which suprised me considering the gingle gangle of the AC15. A night of Hendrix I think

15265CF1-1FD8-4B76-9EA1-9B5DB1C4B94D-1741-00000227DA95CC8F.jpg

1E82A29F-C314-462E-99FA-F803BFF69808-1741-0000022A1DBFBF94.jpg

Well I have been missing a WAH since throwing my SLASH wah at a wall.

Cos honestly its the worst pedal in the world.

Yeah they sound like poop on a shoe.

I went with the 535q cry baby, it has some neat options, 16db of clean boost, and in external power connection.

But that HW vox is pretty slick lookin' with the clear base plate.

Congrats on buying yet another Vox product,I've been singing the praises of Vox wahs since I bought my used '66 Clyde McCoy in 1969.The Clyde is the model that Jimi and SRV used and from what I've been hearing the new handwired model sounds a lot like the Clyde,if it does an evening of Jimi's songs would be very suitable.Have fun with your new toys....Enjoy!!

Congrats on buying yet another Vox product,I've been singing the praises of Vox wahs since I bought my used '66 Clyde McCoy in 1969.The Clyde is the model that Jimi and SRV used and from what I've been hearing the new handwired model sounds a lot like the Clyde,if it does an evening of Jimi's songs would be very suitable.Have fun with your new toys....Enjoy!!

Not to mention Clapton, Page, Beck, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and many others (even Ace Frehley!)....

I wonder if this is similar to the Joe Bonamassa Cry Baby (since they both have the halo inductor, etc).

Yeah they sound like poop on a shoe.

I went with the 535q cry baby, it has some neat options, 16db of clean boost, and in external power connection.

But that HW vox is pretty slick lookin' with the clear base plate.

NIce I was leaning towards the Bass Wah or the eq model but I tried this and loved it off the dual rec in the store. its very bright on the vintage 30's but i can dial it back

All I know is I have 4 amps all hooked up off foot switched ABY's and right now my house is sounding very much like the Filmore with Pearl Jam blowing the roof off with Even Flow.

Very very happy. Neighbours on the other hand not so much unsure.gif

Please do Voodoo Child for me.....

Please do Voodoo Child for me.....

ha ha we actually used to end with an epic 20 minute version of that with our lead soloing his arse off. Then when we got managers and such they were like. Why would end with something so epic from someone else. Do you want to be known as the punk band that does an awesome voodoo child so yeah that and sweet child o mine are gone from the set dry.gif

Archived