Gibson Brands Forums

The Firebird Custom sound

E-minor7

Hey Em7

missed this first time around.. great sounding clip. The FireBird sounds very rich indeed, what mic did you use to record her?

I'm currently playing with some new toys I have in my recording set up..including Lexicon reverb..and some serious eq and compression... difficult to get the sound you get from analouge and tape though

having fun trying though

is that you singing sir?... you should post some more of your playing..its really good

Greg Lake used to play J-200s and the guy in the 1st clip nailed the tone with the Firebird (probably bacause of the maple back and sides). I've never played the Firebird to compare it to the J-200 - maybe E-minor7 can shed us a little light on that...

I have they impression that the Firebird might be a bit more versatile and a better fingerstyle guitar than the Super Jumbo, though.

Now as for the 2nd clip - it's an interesting choice JC... you've mentioned the Martin D-45 in the previous post - didn't Hank williams Sr. used to play one?

I should content myself with my Hummingbird but if I manage to sell my Les Paul I'll get my hands on one of those Firebirds for sure.

Cheers!

MARTYSTUARTD-45.jpg

MARTYSTUARTD-452.jpg

I guess Hank Sr. did one one =D

JC

I had a beauty, first run one of these. It was my only Maple flat-top. The sound was superb, I always thought it would have made a great studio recording guitar, because it had great volume and separation, ut not a lot of overtones and ringings of , say, a D-28. Also, for you guys who perform....what a stage guitar!!! Just look at it! Unfortunately, for me, it was just a little too much bling, AND, it was so beautiful, I didn't want to scratch the damn thing so I kept it in my case all the time, and I was gassing for a round shoulder...lol.....anyway, a good one that got away.

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

IMGP0049.jpg

IMGP0050.jpg

I had a beauty, first run one of these. It was my only Maple flat-top. The sound was superb, I always thought it would have made a great studio recording guitar, because it had great volume and separation, ut not a lot of overtones and ringings of , say, a D-28. Also, for you guys who perform....what a stage guitar!!! Just look at it! Unfortunately, for me, it was just a little too much bling, AND, it was so beautiful, I didn't want to scratch the damn thing so I kept it in my case all the time, and I was gassing for a round shoulder...lol.....anyway, a good one that got away.

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

IMGP0049.jpg

IMGP0050.jpg

OWF ,

what year was the first run made ?

I kinda get the feeling these are the top of the line dreads for gibson ?

JC

Archived