Gibson Brands Forums

Crazy dream last night

ksdaddy

Last night I dreamed UPS came with a guitar box. I opened it, wondering what it was, since I didn't remember buying anything. Inside was a trashed single cutaway Melody Maker 3/4. It had been painted white but that must have been 40+ years ago because a lot of the finish was worn off, revealing old gray wood, a lot like barn board or driftwood. The Gibson logo had been stripped and someone tried to write "Gibson" with model paint or something. Some of the parts were there, including a very old (and incorrect) tune-o-matic. I thought, man, this is rough... and it's a 3/4. I have no use for it and why is it here? I then figured I could sell the tune-o-matic for more than the whole guitar was worth so it was okay.

Yeah I dream weird.

It's not that weird of a dream if you've actually done it as many times as you have. Now if you ever have a dream about gluing a pencil that's been run over by a truck back together it's time to worry! [thumbup]

I actually thought about you this weekend, I was at a yard sale looking at a old acoustic and started to walk off it was a cheap no name brand model but when I saw a guitar case I started digging. The guy having the sale said I have another guitar if your interested bit it doesn't have a case. I said what is it he said not sure it say's Ovation on it and it's a 11 string. I said what do you mean an 11 string? he said that's how many strings it has on it I don't know anything about guitars. So I said sure how much and when he said $25 I said sure I'll look. I walked up to the house and he brings out an natural top Ovation Balladeer that might be five or six years old at the most it's wrapped in a blue car size blanket and it looks brand new. He's right it was an 11 string or maybe a 11.5 because the broken string was still on it. I look inside and it still has a styrofoam block in it holding the electronics in place for shipping. So I handed him $25 bucks and off I go. So now I own an ovation 12 string that I have to admit play's well and sounds great plugged in. unplugged it sound like all ovations do weak and flat but through a amp it's sings.

Last night I dreamed UPS came with a guitar box. I opened it, wondering what it was, since I didn't remember buying anything. Inside was a trashed single cutaway Melody Maker 3/4. It had been painted white but that must have been 40+ years ago because a lot of the finish was worn off, revealing old gray wood, a lot like barn board or driftwood. The Gibson logo had been stripped and someone tried to write "Gibson" with model paint or something. Some of the parts were there, including a very old (and incorrect) tune-o-matic. I thought, man, this is rough... and it's a 3/4. I have no use for it and why is it here? I then figured I could sell the tune-o-matic for more than the whole guitar was worth so it was okay.

Yeah I dream weird.

Got tune-o-matic issues? :lol:

Yeah I dream weird.

Who can dream last night, this newbie was up until 2 AM reading posts on here. Here I am again. Maybe I should take a nap now and dream about something else like Marilyn Monroe and me gazing into each other's eyes!

Archived