Gibson Brands Forums

why all those changes?

Rick

And more importantly why is the Les Paul Standard Faded discountinued?

OT and i don't care about that model of LP, but Gibson, stay calm, you discontinued too much models that were beautiful and i liked much.

in that way you keep on production few models for induce customers to buy LPs, because there are many models of LP and few SGs or designer...

so i wait a response from gibson about my first post

Just about any Guitar Center in the US has plenty of natural and heritage cherry '76 Explorer's available for $1299 or less

it was only for asking why, i don't like natural or cherry explorers ^^

but it is an uncorrect politic, IMHO

Lack of demand...they may be beautiful guitars but if they are not selling well it does not matter. No company in the world is in the business of producing goods that will not sell.

Gibson produces some guitars in batches, some guitars are not available at all times but not necessarily discountinued, I learned that when I had to wait 6 months for my Natural Explorer, I got it earlier this year and it looks like it was the last batch, at least for now.

Lack of demand...they may be beautiful guitars but if they are not selling well it does not matter. No company in the world is in the business of producing goods that will not sell.

Gibson produces some guitars in batches' date=' some guitars are not available at all times but not necessarily discountinued, I learned that when I had to wait 6 months for my Natural Explorer, I got it earlier this year and it looks like it was the last batch, at least for now.[/quote']

we always sold more of the natural explorers when i was selling them. that's the look everyone is used to seeing. i would guess that they are having trouble getting enough good looking pieces of mahogany that are large enough. when they do, they are going to other guitars.

Could be, it makes sense although the Natural Explorer did have a price surcharge.

My point is that Gibson does not make all guitar models at all times. The Natural Explorer is still available and not discountinued. Its simply not on production all year round, or at least right now.

The Firebird VII does say "discontinued" on Gibson.com and that comes on a solid color so the wood grain theory does not apply there.

I am just thinking low sales...don't get me wrong I would love to have a Firebird VII but there may not be enough demand since it isn't cheap.

I am just glad I got my Explorer when I did, it took 6 months but they respected the original Sales price of $935...

I'm thinking the wood grain theory has some merit. Black and White are both opaque colors, natural and cherry are both transparent.

Another thing is, Gibson could still be producing plenty of models but onyl for customers who are willing to order them in quantity. If it's not something that's available to EVERY dealer, but rather was made in a batch for a particular dealer, they might not want to list it on their website so as not to make their other dealer look bad to the customer (us) when they have to tell us they can't get their hands on one.

Archived