Gibson Brands Forums

neil young tribute pt2 (old man)

blindboygrunt

enjoyed EA and his buddy's version and felt inspired to stick one up also. i sincerely hope he doesnt mind .

Always one o my favourites , if i am buying or trying a guitar for the first time this is the song i play .

its not great but i had the right shirt on for the gig and everything . like all my videos , its been used as a tool for me to hear where i may go wrong , or occassionally right .

as a by the way . any of you guys who dont record themselves maybe have a go . not necessarily to annoy everyone here like i do , but its such a great help in the learning curve .

anyway , get the wrotten tomatoes out .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMQEfAXJNj4

Hey, nice one BBG. I like this laid back version of it, its perfect for a Sunday morning cuppa. You seemed to have all the cool hammer ons sorted out really well, I really love those bits in this song. And it proves one doesnt always have to pop blood vessels in the face aiming for that higher octave when the smart thing can be to keep it low but still in the scale.

Always impressed by the result you get from your i phone...great sound...and EA was right your approach to the octave mountain makes a lot of sense..and you pull it off well with a subtle melody variation...good stuff...

Looking forward to downloading his bio on the kindle next week...Neil's that is...not EA's..although EA's may be a good read too.

Yea I'd love to see more clips...even if people don't sing, I just like hearing these guitars.

i appreciate the way you guys say it as if i had the ability to go up an octave but chose not to because i like the laid back approach , when in fact it's cos i have no mission of getting up there :D

maybe tune down another half step ? who knows

the only way is to do an attempt at a neil impression and sing the song falsetto

i know how EA says his 'whiny' voice is annoying , and can totally understand someone saying that , but i honestly think its one of the best. but it IS an acquired taste .

thanks for commenting though , at least no one threw a tomato ! thats a success for me

Archived