Gibson Brands Forums

It Might Get Loud

PingPongBob

It wasn't a Strat, it was a European-made Strat copy (more like a cheap wannabee Strat). George Harrison and Albert Lee had the same model.

You are correct, but in the movie he clearly states it is a Strat.

The pickguard is definitly not from a Strat.

I can't find it on the timeline on the video I posted.

I watched it earlier today on Palladia I DVR'd last week.

Regardless it's a really good watch.

Thanks,

Mike

George Harrison and Albert Lee had the same model.

This guitar must have magical properties...I mean seriously, Lee, Harrison and Page all having the Same model of Strat Copy and all turning out to be iconic musicians...? I must have one...

:P

-Ryan

This guitar must have magical properties...I mean seriously, Lee, Harrison and Page all having the Same model of Strat Copy and all turning out to be iconic musicians...? I must have one...

:P

-Ryan

It was a second-hand 1959 Futurama Grazioso according to Wikipedia.

I liked it, but me not being a fan of neither The Edge or Jack White ruined it a little for me.

I'd like to see Jeff Beck, Alex Lifeson, and Paul Gilbert get together, but it probably won't happen seeing as how they aren't exactly critically acceptable if you know what I mean. Page, The Edge, and White all have one thing in common: the critics love em', and they're icons not necessarily as guitar players (except for Page), but as songwriters and because of the bands they are associated with. They make music everybody knows.

This is not true for Beck, Lifeson, and Gilbert. Hell, Rolling Stone dumps on anything related to shred, so...

Archived