Gibson Brands Forums

Handmade Electric Guitar - LP028

ElectricGuitarKing

That's a copy (and not a very good one) of a Zemaitis, which were handmade in England. Mr. Zemaitis died several years ago, and his family licenced his designs and name to a Japanese company. Those are very expensive ($4000-$5000 and up), and that guitar's not one of those either. I've seen similar guitars advertised as Aldens--looks like they're made in China. That website looks like a typical attempt to sell Chinese forgery guitars, and usually what you'll get ordering from a site like that, if yuo're lucky enough to actually receive one, is not the same guitar pictured. Buyer beware--they seem to be really cheap cr@p!

Hi all,

This handmade electric guitar is absolutely a beauty but I am just wondering what do you think about the sound quality of the guitar based by the video clip provided on the following page?

http://www.electricguitarking.com/Handmade-Electric-Guitars.asp

Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks.

post-20989-094521300 1350868507_thumb.jpg

It's notoriously hard to gauge tone accurately from online video clips. MP3 recordings are highly compressed, and computer speakers aren't generally particularly high-quality or full-range. Still, that particular clip tells you even less about the tone of the guitar because it's so heavily processed/distorted. Even if that's the tone you want, it may not sound anything like that through your amp --- who knows how many or what kind of effects are being used?

I definitely smell a rat. I just noticed that the link in the post takes you to the Guitar King website which sells these things, and coincidentally, that's the name of the OP. I think someone's trying to drum up business for their so-called "handmade" Chinese knockoff guitars...

It's notoriously hard to gauge tone accurately from online video clips. MP3 recordings are highly compressed, and computer speakers aren't generally particularly high-quality or full-range. Still, that particular clip tells you even less about the tone of the guitar because it's so heavily processed/distorted. Even if that's the tone you want, it may not sound anything like that through your amp --- who knows how many or what kind of effects are being used?

Hi Parabar,

That's what I thought. The recording is compressed and it's not easy for the other guitar players to gauge tone. I just attached a MP3 file(Sorry the file was too big to upload in the forum) which is from the other satisfied customer. He told me he was going to release his first EP album soon so I believe he knew how to record his songs properly without losing sound quality too much. http://www.electricguitarking.com/MP3/Time-is-sweet-and-slow.mp3

Detective jfine,

I don't know what's wrong with you but I am gong to make this short because I am not here to argue with someone like you.

1. The guitars our customers received are the same pictured. You are so wrong on this. We have lots of satisfied customers and they have the right to pay much less for a decent guitar.

2. The reason I provided the link to our site is because I don't want to provide a link directly to my customer's YouTube channel. To make you happy, I just redirected the link above and will mark the guitars as "SOLD" later since they will be sold out locally soon.

3. Our guitars are NOT made in China. Besides, if you don't like products made in China, DON'T buy iPhone.

Like I said, I am here to ask a question,not to argue with someone like you. So let's save us some time. Any further comments from you will be ignored by me.

Hi all,

This handmade electric guitar is absolutely a beauty but I am just wondering what do you think about the sound quality of the guitar based by the video clip provided on the following page?

http://www.electricg...ric-Guitars.asp

Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks.

post-20989-094521300 1350868507_thumb.jpg

I think your just a commercial spammer trying to drum up business. Go Away!

Archived