Gibson Brands Forums

MXR Carbon Copy vs Lovepedal Gen 5 Echo

bluesguitar65

The mix levels are too low to really hear the character of the repeats. I dunno if you can adjust the speed of the modulation but you have them set really differently too so it throws off the comparison.

You have to love the PT2399 sound even if it's not analog. To me the main difference between an "analog voiced" digital delay and a real analog delay is in the response to dynamics and overall "feel". The repeats of analog delays also get more lofi as you increase the delay time. PT2399s kinda do this but in a much different way.

The mix levels are too low to really hear the character of the repeats. I dunno if you can adjust the speed of the modulation but you have them set really differently too so it throws off the comparison.

You have to love the PT2399 sound even if it's not analog. To me the main difference between an "analog voiced" digital delay and a real analog delay is in the response to dynamics and overall "feel". The repeats of analog delays also get more lofi as you increase the delay time. PT2399s kinda do this but in a much different way.

Lol a little slapback, right? That was an accident

Also reading back my post it sounds kinda mean. Sorry BG no mean intentions the playing and sound was great as always.

Hey Dubs no mean intentions taken. The delay pedal I built recently from GuitarPCB sounds so close to my old Echoplex,

IMG_0837.jpg

Do you currently own the Echoplex?

I know exactly what you mean. It's all in the filtering of the repeats.

I did....and stupidly sold it years ago in the early 90s for a messely $200. I bought back in the mid 80's for $60 it was the EP3. My cousin from Hawaii has one and he brought it with him last week when he visited and love that warm, ambient spacey sound that you can only get with a tape echo unit. Man, to this day I wish I had not sold it. [crying] [crying] [crying]](*,) ](*,)

Archived