Gibson Brands Forums

I'm taking a day off school to see and play a pipe organ

FenderGuy1

play it all you can FG1 !! it's cool that you get a chance to!

I know it's a totally different animal, but my favorite Aunt used to rebuild & sell antique pump organs (late 1800s-early 1900s), she kept the 1st one she rebuilt though, and i'd play it every time I visited, which was at least once a week as she lived across the street.....never made it sound GOOD like she always did, but I LOVED the sound.

Miss you Aunt Pop !!

play it all you can FG1 !! it's cool that you get a chance to!

I know it's a totally different animal, but my favorite Aunt used to rebuild & sell antique pump organs (late 1800s-early 1900s), she kept the 1st one she rebuilt though, and i'd play it every time I visited, which was at least once a week as she lived across the street.....never made it sound GOOD like she always did, but I LOVED the sound.

Miss you Aunt Pop !!

There's a million dollar pipe organ installed at the Church of Our Lady Immaculate in Guelph, ON. I've seen the thing during a tour of the building but never heard it being played. pipes take up the whole southeastern entrance wall.

We have an extremely old Casavant Freres organ in our church and it is just incredible.They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars a few years ago sending it back to the Casavant organ works in Quebec and having it all refurbished and then brought back and reinstalled by their incredible installation team.When my father died he wanted donations made to the organ restoration fund in his memory as he had been a choir director and sang in the church choir until he was stricken with a disabling illness.

Archived