Gibson Brands Forums

Any Mandolin/Mandola Players here?

LeoPaul422

I do play a bit of mandolin. It is a lot of fun and it's one more of those things that kind of makes me think a bit differently music-wise when I pick it up which I think kind of opens my mind a little bit to some different things when I next pick up the guitar, if that makes any sense.

Yes it makes sense to me. I find my mandolin playing helps my guitar playing and vice versa.

What I know about playing my mandolin would easily fit inside a thimble with room to spare, but it is still fun to play and I like folling around with it.

I also have a mountain dulcimer that I love dearly. Likely the easiest-to-learn stringed isntrument I have ever played.

I can say I play the Mandolin. Never had a Mandola around to try, but I sure would.

They are very cool, and once you get the chord and scale shapes down they actually make more sense the the guitar. Electric Mando's are great for covering flute and harmonica parts, too.

I can say I play the Mandolin. Never had a Mandola around to try, but I sure would.

They are very cool, and once you get the chord and scale shapes down they actually make more sense the the guitar. Electric Mando's are great for covering flute and harmonica parts, too.

Mandola is much easier to play than the mandolin because of the larger almost guitar sized frets. I have been hooked on mandos since Jimmy Page played them on the Zepplin albums.

Archived