Gibson Brands Forums

2013's are out

BTD

Anyone else seen the 2013's? There are a number of 2013s on the Sweetwater website. While the rumor was a simplification of the product line, I'm not sure that is the case. The are new tributes, and Tribute Future Min-ETune (robot tuners), and the Signature T's (priced just below Traditionals), and Signature T Gold (add $200 for gold hardware), then there are some Standard Premiums with AAA flame tops. At the bottom of the line are LP J's which I assume is just a Jr. with one less letter

Not the big radical changes that I was kind

Phew, glad they're keeping the traditional.

Minor changes are color choices and "Non weight relieveD"

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:

Classic Les Paul styling, feel, and sound

Classic mahogany body and AA figured maple top deliver singing sustain and wide tonal range

A pair of '57 Classic pickups deliver quintessential PAF tone

'50s rounded neck shape offers comfort and great playability

Non-weight-relieved body just like vintage Les Pauls

Hardshell case included

From the sweet water page, still 2249.00

As far as I can tell the '13 Standard premium is the same guitar as the '12 premium plus top but more expensive.

The '13 Standard is the same price as the '12 Premium Plus top but with a AA top instead of a AAA top.

So what I see as far as the standard goes, same exact guitar but more expensive. Am I missing something?

I bought a 2012 Standard Premium plus top just last week on sale. I was very worried that I was going to get it and then when they release the '13 model and I would regret not waiting. From what I see, no regrets. My 2012 kicks major Butt!

As far as I can tell the '13 Standard premium is the same guitar as the '12 premium plus top but more expensive.

LOL!! Ain't that the truth?? So continues the love/hate relationship with Gibson.... I don't mind paying handsome sums of money for the best guitars in the world, but that doesn't mean they're not overpriced. Betting that Gibson guitars are going to go up in price every year is a pretty sure bet....

From what I can see of the new line up...

If you want a Standard/Traditional type guitar your gonna have to pay through the nose to get one..

However the new line up seems to concentrate on the mid to low range with all the studios and tributes and juniors they are making.. As the Studio level guitars have gone down very well.. And the prices of them are the same if not cheaper..

So its like, you want a Gibson, cool you can have one at a great price... BUT if you want a GREAT classic Gibson, prepare to shell out.

I am a huge fan of the Studios so welcome the new ones.. But bumping up the price of a Standard that is pretty much the same as last years one seems a bit odd.

Phew, glad they're keeping the traditional.

Minor changes are color choices and "Non weight relieved" Gibson Les Paul Traditional Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:

Classic Les Paul styling, feel, and sound

Classic mahogany body and AA figured maple top deliver singing sustain and wide tonal range

A pair of '57 Classic pickups deliver quintessential PAF tone

'50s rounded neck shape offers comfort and great playability

Non-weight-relieved body just like vintage Les Pauls

Hardshell case included

From the sweet water page, still 2249.00

Hello! Will see how much they will cost when they reach here. Probably around 400.000 HUF. Maybe it's going to be my next LP - in honey- (or light-) burst. [smile] Cheers... Bence

Archived