Gibson Brands Forums

Question on a technic

btoth76

Hello!

Mr. Moore does a great sounding trill while scratching the strings with the pick in His version of Roy Buchanan's "The messiah will come again". (at 5:30)

Can someone explain how to perform this correctly? I am unable to play this! All I hear is the scratch, nothing from the trill.

Thank You in advance! Cheers... Bence

Scritch back and forth and tap on the string, tap hard enough to fret it, but be above a fret(s) that is/are harmonic with yer key and yer blazing hot beer fueled reverb drenched molten arpeggiated electric rock lead riffage.

Looks like along with some dizziness inducing massive slabs of swirling man vibrato he may be pulling the string off to open and then hitting it to keep the bottom note going along with it all, creating a sonic onslaught of face melting metal mayhem.

Sometimes I write like a Guitar Player ad from the 80's.

rct

Scritch back and forth and tap on the string, tap hard enough to fret it, but be above a fret(s) that is/are harmonic with yer key and yer blazing hot beer fueled reverb drenched molten arpeggiated electric rock lead riffage.

Looks like along with some dizziness inducing massive slabs of swirling man vibrato he may be pulling the string off to open and then hitting it to keep the bottom note going along with it all, creating a sonic onslaught of face melting metal mayhem.

rct

well played Rich,, Well played!! :)

Guest Farnsbarns

rct

Brilliant!

Archived