Gibson Brands Forums

On Guard -

E-minor7

Not seldom you run into texts saying Jimmy Page played a Hummingbird at some point.

Well, , , I know he played the J-200 seen in Jannusguy2's avatar, but where is the evidence he used a Bird. Just curious, , , , and how about Marc Bolan – seen some pics of him with what could be a Bird, but Parsons, , , Epiphone Frontier and Dove yes, , , Bird ?, , , eeeeehhh. . . .

Is this half crap ? Hummingbirdplayers.jpg If not, I apologize -

I

Not seldom you run into texts saying Jimmy Page played a Hummingbird at some point.

Well, , , I know he played the J-200 seen in Jannusguy2's avatar, but where is the evidence he used a Bird. Just curious, , , , and how about Marc Bolan – seen some pics of him with what could be a Bird, but Parsons, , , Epiphone Frontier and Dove yes, , , Bird ?, , , eeeeehhh. . . .

Is this half crap ? Hummingbirdplayers.jpg If not, I apologize -

I

The REAL question is....where are all the Forum Members' names who have played a Hummingbird?

Wasn't that J-200 borrowed from producer Mickey Most and then stolen? Page himself though said the one guitar he kept going back to was his Harmony Sovereign. Those guitars had quite a following in the day. Pete Townsend and Rory Gallgher both played the 12 string version.

Darrell Scott, John Hiatt and Loudon Wainwright III have all written songs about their Hummingbirds, yet none are listed here. At least two of the songs are absolutely autobiographical. I don't know if the JH song is.

is that the 'red guitar' that louden sings of ? that he smashed and burned in the fireplace ,

i love that song ...strange how what is really a dumb little song can be so effective... bit o a genius that guy

Archived