Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition help

TheGlenBull

Hey guys,

First post on the forum!

I got this Guitar a few years a go used from ebay, I remember the guy telling me it had several features etc, but I honestly can't remember what they were, All I remember is he mentioned switchcraft!

So here are some pics of it, I was wondering if anyone knows the name of this colour too as I haven't seen one quite like it.

The machineheads have the E on them but unlike my Epi acoustic it doesnt say grover on them, but they seem to have a nice ratio, are tight and the guitar holds tune very well so I can't complain.

If anyone can shed any light on this guitar (is it a standard, or whatever) I would be very grateful!

Here are the pics, hope they're not too large.

photo_1.jpg

photo.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Welcome!

For new members only:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21424628/Welcome2.mp3

Hit play!

Your guitar was made at the

Unsung Plant, Korea

June 2001

Production Number: 0852

If he said something about switchcraft then the jack and/or switch may have been changed over to a better one than production.

The tuners look like Kluson style.

Should be good.

Willy

Do you solder?....

Changing a jack or repairing one takes about 5 minutes.

Willy

I don't but I have a trusted tech guy who would do it for me for a beer!

Any clues on the colour and how far off was I with the 'LP Standard' guesstimation on the model? I thought that it usually said on the headstock under the Les Paul signature, but it just says 'model' on mine :-/

HNGD !!

[thumbup]

I have a '97 LP. It's also a LE model made at the Unsung plant.

I guess one of the things that makes it a limited edition is that switchcraft switch. The switch in mine is a switchcraft.

It works so much better than an Epi stock switch.

Have fun! [biggrin]

And welcome to the forum!

th_023-1-1.jpg

HNGD !!

[thumbup]

I have a '97 LP. It's also a LE model made at the Unsung plant.

I guess one of the things that makes it a limited edition is that switchcraft switch. The switch in mine is a switchcraft.

It works so much better than an Epi stock switch.

Have fun! [biggrin]

And welcome to the forum!

th_023-1-1.jpg

Thanks Brad, sounds like we have more or less identical guitars, save for aesthetics, that blue is quite striking!

I don't but I have a trusted tech guy who would do it for me for a beer!

Any clues on the colour and how far off was I with the 'LP Standard' guesstimation on the model? I thought that it usually said on the headstock under the Les Paul signature, but it just says 'model' on mine :-/

Don't know the color...though very attractive...

Set neck and trapezoid inlays..

It is a Standard.

Willy

-Hey there. Your Limited Edition Epi Les Paul Standard is basically a finish option that was sold through certain retailers. While it has some flaming going on, it starts going to quilt closer toward the neck p'up. I have an '02 Unsung built Les Paul Classic Quilt Top in transparent amber. I believe yours is wine red done in a burst finish. Usually wine red was a solid color, meaning not a burst finish, but that's where the "Limited Edtion" comes in. Also as far as I know, they didn't come stock with SwitchCraft switches. I had to change mine out after 6 months or so of buying it new. Still a beautiful guitar you have there.

L8R,

Matt

• 2 months later...

I know this post is a few months old but I was wondering how much you paid for that guitar glennbull? I have the identical one except its a 97. I'm looking to sell it but was wondering what it's really worth or if the wine red color is worth more?

Thanks

Don't know the color...though very attractive...

Set neck and trapezoid inlays..

It is a Standard.

+1. Nice guitar. In the early 2000's, just prior to the start of Chinese production, Epi started using Grover rotomatics on most of their Korean models.

As far as which limited edition, there's been so many with LP's I don't know that anyone at Epiphone could name them all.

Archived