Gibson Brands Forums

SG G-400

Phalaris

Last night, the company I work for was having their Christmas party. The party was really close to a music shop, and I slipped away to go check out the guitars. I would an SG hanfing on the wall, and it was a pretty nice price. I didn't buy it, but when I got home I started looking online to see if I could find anything about it. My attempts have yeilded very little. Here is what I know.

The guitar is listed as a SG G-400. It has the headstock that matches the G-400's on Epiphones web site.

The guitar has an Epiphone Customs Shop logo on the back of the headstock

It's NOT an SG Custom. It only has two pickups, and doesn't have the split diamond on the headstock.

It has a Quilted Maple Top.

The color is Root Beer Burst.

The guitar is new, and has been hanging there for a while. I've been trying to find anyplace where I can get some details on the guitar. The ONLY thing I've been able to come up with, is that there's one for sale on craigslist in Las Vegas, (Not even close to where I live.)

Phalaris.

Did it look like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-G-400-Quilt-Top-Rootbeer-Burst-SG-Excellent-/190773619378?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c6afe6ab2

It appears to be identical to my SG Korina, except for the body wood, of course.

Yes, it does. During one of my searches, I used "Epiphone SG Limited Edition Quilt" and found that one. From what I'm guessing, the specs are going to be identical to the normal SG G-400. With the exception of the color and top. Although, I could be wrong.

My local shop is only asking $310.00 for it, so I might jump. I need to talk to them a bit more. I wasn't really looking for a SG. but this one is nice. So, now I'm torn between this SG, and a Tribute Plus I've been eying.

Phalaris.

Its a Limited Edition G-400 Quilt Top. Very similar to the Deluxes, but with a quilted, instead of flamed, top and chrome hardware instead of gold...and slightly different coloring which can vary by guitar. This guitar also has Alnico V's instead of the Classic pickups on the standard G-400

http://www.epiphonew...G-400_Quilt_Top

My local shop is only asking $310.00 for it, so I might jump. I need to talk to them a bit more. I wasn't really looking for a SG. but this one is nice. So, now I'm torn between this SG, and a Tribute Plus I've been eying.

Looks like you'll probably have to buy them both. [rolleyes]

Well, I decided to jump on this. I went down, dropped the cash and walked out. As for the Hanging there too long, he grabbed one out of the stock room, and it was still in the box, with all the paperwork, etc. I actually like the one he grabbed from the back room, as the quilt on it looks better than the one hanging on the wall. Here are some pictures.

100_1028_zps52493458.jpg

100_1026_zps86c47d8d.jpg

It has a much thinner neck than my other guitars.

Phalaris.

Archived