Gibson Brands Forums

Double-Cuts

Phoenix

To Dyna' date=' yeah thats what VOS (vintage original spec) means.. unless I'm wrong about that. Bigbends, yeah I know what you mean. I kept thinking you had a LP DC. Also Dyna, are those both rosewood necks or is one/both ebony?[/quote']

VOS is a reproduction instrument built to original specs. Dyna's is an original.

To Dyna' date=' yeah thats what VOS (vintage original spec) means.. unless I'm wrong about that. Bigbends, yeah I know what you mean. I kept thinking you had a LP DC. Also Dyna, are those both rosewood necks or is one/both ebony?[/quote']

Well, I've only ever seen "VOS" used in describing reissues and such. How could the originals not be VOS? :P

The boards are both rosewood, but I'm almost certain that the DC is a different genus.

That's a sweet DC SolaceMatt. It sure got my attention, but then I'm just a little biased.

That's a sweet DC SolaceMatt. It sure got my attention' date=' but then I'm just a little biased. [/quote']

When I was looking for a new DC I was initially looking for the same one you have. What made you change the bridge out? My friend Damien is actually the one who found me my DC atb the GC by him. He called me up, I went over, tried it out for five min, told them to hold it for me till the weekend and that was that O:)

When I was looking for a new DC I was initially looking for the same one you have. What made you change the bridge out? My friend Damien is actually the one who found me my DC atb the GC by him. He called me up' date=' I went over, tried it out for five min, told them to hold it for me till the weekend and that was that [-X

[/quote']

I wanted the fine tuners, and needed the adjustable saddles. I still have the stock bridge, but I don't like the restriction of not being able to adjust the intonation. I like to experiment with different string brands and gauges.

I wanted the fine tuners' date=' and needed the adjustable saddles. I still have the stock bridge, but I don't like the restriction of not being able to adjust the intonation. I like to experiment with different string brands and gauges. [/quote']

I could never get into the fine tuners like you use, don't know how you have the patience for them. The subtlties would drive me up the wall. I started What type of string gauges? A good friend of mine and I came up with this custom gauge a few years back for our standard G tuning (6 full steps down) and had Ernie Ball send us some custom sets for it.

Archived