Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of my Herd

Kong

Wanted to post a few pics of my herd. I put a couple of collages together. Now I just have to get a bigger place so I can get to them and play them. Life in the 1 bedroom condo is getting pretty old with a 16 month old and 8 guitars :rolleyes: .

My Epiphones:

EPIcollage_zps93a9da05.jpg

My other Guitars:

collage1_zps1c08b5b0.jpg

Some very nice looking guitars there and a great range of styles to boot.

Thanks Alan. My wife and I were counting the guitars I've bought / sold / traded over the past 5 years and we're at 39 not counting 2 acoustics I have. These are the 8 I've kept, and when I get GAS it is usually for something that will sound a little different from everything else I have. Although I have waaayyy more guitars than the talent to play them [razz] .

I hate you for two reasons:

1. The gorgeous Explorer

2. The lovely TV Special

msp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gif

Are they Mean 90's in the blue LP?

If you hate me for that, you're about to completely despise me. I basically got the TV Special for free. I won a Duff McKagan Bass in an online sweepstakes last year. And I was able to trade it straight up for the Gibson Special. I was surprised that the other guy wanted to trade, but he was a bassist and I'm a guitar guy. I feel I came out very far ahead on the trade. The Special is a sweet player and I always wondered what owners meant by a baseball bat neck. I wonder no more the thing is a telephone pole with frets and feels great.

Yes Mean90s in the Blue standard. KILLLER pickups. When I move into my house I'll record some samples of the Blue Standard vs. the Gibby Jr.

I got the Explorer on Craigs for $250 and it had Dragonfire Actives in it. I went with GFS buckers Vintage '59 in the neck and the Fat Pat in the bridge, and added coil-splitting. I love the neck on that one as well, really a comfortable guitar to play.

Your Natural Les Paul in your avatar looks pretty sweet.

Nice family Kong. I'm also one of those that feel I have more guitars than talent or the time to play all of them.

Nice group shot Clark. I'm sure the Gibson Lennon 160 put you back some. Is that 12 string an AJ-18?I have one and it's a joy to ply.

Here is a pic of my epi electrics.

dsc9989i.jpg

And from the other side.

dsc9999p.jpg

Hopefully I will get the whole herd together at some point for a photo shoot.

Love the Epi Les Paul - never seen one in that colour before

Very nice

Archived