Gibson Brands Forums

a few things

JuanCarlosVejar

Friends ,

Music Villa finally uploaded the review of the Costello Century of Progress :

and it looks like Fuller's might soon be able to show there stock of gibby's on the website again

they posted this on photobucket link from facebook today :

http://s131.beta.photobucket.com/user/JERMDADDY/library/Fullers%20Vintage%20Guitar%20Gibsons/Gibson%20Acoustics

enjoy !!!

JC

I watched it this morning. It's pretty cool, although the maple tone is almost too bright for me.

Any L-OO is OK in my book.

I also note that MV says they aren't an online dealer, and can't post prices. Same thing with Fuller's in Houston, even though both are 5-star dealers.

Nick I believe the only 3 company's that are gibson Internet approved are sweet water guitar center and musicians friend.

I've talked with Paul at mv about it and he says gibson will not allow them to do Internet sales.

Doesn't make much sense considering they are three blocks from the factory?

Nick I believe the only 3 company's that are gibson Internet approved are sweet water guitar center and musicians friend.

I've talked with Paul at mv about it and he says gibson will not allow them to do Internet sales.

Doesn't make much sense considering they are three blocks from the factory?

No, it doesn't make a lot of sense. I presume it doesn't stop you from ordering from them over the phone, however, after asking them to email you some pictures of the guitars they have in stock.

Exactly. When I buy new I usually by from mv one because they're in Montana and I'm just above them. 2 because of there relationship with the factory. I know that Paul decker the owner has gone to the shop for custom builds and looked at the woods and such himself for custom builds. Great people to deal with

I'm a big fan of the L-Century and often gig with my 1936 example.

Indeed!!

Here's a pic of John and me getting ready to go busking at the local liquor store last summer; John with his L-C, of course:

IMG_1357.jpg

Me, schlepping on an old Nick Lucas. [rolleyes]

Fred

Indeed!!

Here's a pic of John and me getting ready to go busking at the local liquor store last summer; John with his L-C, of course:

IMG_1357.jpg

Me, schlepping on an old Nick Lucas. [rolleyes]

Fred

Fred,

As good as that 1929 Nick Lucas and the 1936 L-Century look, we look even better in those way-cool shirts. We sounded great, too. I still don't understand why the audience members moved as far away as as possible and turned their backs to us. A serious error in judgment that I bet each and every one regrets.

It was so great to have you and Tina stop by last summer. A definite highlight of my year.

Looks like a great time, guys[thumbup]

It was a great time! Thanks. IMHO, one of the great pleasures of being connected to the online guitar community is having folks from distant lands visit to talk guitar and, more importantly, play guitar.

So, if any of you find yourselves in Connecticut, you know whom to call.

Back, almost, to topic. I think that L-Centuries are a steal on the vintage market. They are far rarer than L-00s, far cooler, and, to my ears, sound even better than a vintage L-00, which sounds fantastic. And, because, inexplicably, some folks don't like MOTS, they are cheaper than L-00s.

I think that L-Centuries are a steal on the vintage market. They are far rarer than L-00s, far cooler, and, to my ears, sound even better than a vintage L-00, which sounds fantastic. And, because, inexplicably, some folks don't like MOTS, they are cheaper than L-00s.

Inexplicably? [biggrin]

Archived