Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge and Tailpiece?

jbear

I feel pretty ridiculous asking, but...I have an MIC Les Paul Std Plus that I believe is a 2004 (DW0402XXXX). The guitar is really nicely made and plays well, but the hardware is junk (especially the bridge), so I'd like to change it out for a Gotoh. I cannot figure out which model I need. I searched...I emailed WD and Stewmac...they tell me to measure and take the studs to a machine shop to measure thread count. Really? Isn't there just a model that fits Epi LP's? Do I really need to measure thread count and string spacing. The bridge has the large 6mm screw-slot posts and string spacing looks like 10mm. The tailpiece is 82-83mm from center to center and 7mm thick. I'm just not particularly good with measurements (spacial learning disability since I've been a kid), and I'd just like someone to say...this one will drop in. It can't be a specialty item...everyone does this.

It's embarrassing for me, but...I can't let it stop me from asking.

Can someone direct me to a Gotoh bridge and tailpiece for this guitar?

Thanks so much all!

Basically you are looking for metric with 6mm diameter posts...almost all epi's use a 74mm center to center bridge post spacing.

And if for some reason it won't quite go the bridges and tail pieces are usually supplied with their own bushings anyway.

Basically you are looking for metric with 6mm diameter posts...almost all epi's use a 74mm center to center bridge post spacing.

And if for some reason it won't quite go the bridges and tail pieces are usually supplied with their own bushings anyway.

they only really have one metric size for the tail pieces ,... M8x1.25 with a stud spacing of 82.55mm (3 1/4")

part number 0168 for normal or 5740 for aluminum one..

looking at the stewmac site there are some comments and reviews where pleased customers have said that these parts drop right in without any hassle.

good luck

Once again...thank you!

they only really have one metric size for the tail pieces ,... M8x1.25 with a stud spacing of 82.55mm (3 1/4")

part number 0168 for normal or 5740 for aluminum one..

looking at the stewmac site there are some comments and reviews where pleased customers have said that these parts drop right in without any hassle.

good luck

• 7 years later...
On 3/25/2020 at 10:03 PM, Pinch said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a USA abr will fit a Chinese-made Epiphone. 

Correct.... The Asian bridges are metric and the USA are SAE standard...

Also I wonder if B G realized that post is 7 years old.... 🙂

• Haha 1