Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Quick Connect pickups question

GPNfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1357974449[/url]' post='1310087']

Does Gibson offering the Quick Connect pickups in more than just the 57 Classic, 57 Classic Plus, Dirty Fingers and the Angus Young models?

I would guess that if they don't offer it on their website, they don't have it for sale. It seems that they are only selling the ones that you have already mentioned. You could always rewire your guitar and get rid of that circuitboard and go to a more conventional wiring system and then put anything in there I would assume.

You could always rewire your guitar and get rid of that circuitboard and go to a more conventional wiring system and then put anything in there...

OR, just cut the connectors off your existing pickups leaving enough wire to spice to the bare wires to any pickup you want. Quick-connect them back into the circuit board and you're done. A little solder and heat-shrink tubing is all you need.

OR, just cut the connectors off your existing pickups leaving enough wire to spice to the bare wires to any pickup you want. Quick-connect them back into the circuit board and you're done. A little solder and heat-shrink tubing is all you need.

I assume that all the quick connect pickups are 4-wire? If so, that would be the only limitation. I ask because I also have a guitar with the quick connect pups.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

I’m looking for the same thing, I can only find mini Humbuckers with quick connects that have been removed from other guitars for sale used. Looks like Gibson made them, but only for themselves not for individual sale. There are quick connect adapters you can purchase made by 3rd parties if you don’t want to gut the guitar... I’m undecided...

Edited by Joeyballs
Typo

• 4 weeks later...