Gibson Brands Forums

Sheryl Crow SJ

RichG

Anybody own one of these or played one? What do you think? I will be looking at one soon, but curious what others think. My newest acquisition is a new AJ. I went to buy a J-45 TV but I thought in this case the AJ the store had sounded better to me than the one J-45TV they had. I play with finger picks or with a flat pick.

Rich

I bought a SC SJ a couple weeks ago and it is easily one of the best guitars I've ever played. I'm gonna write a review here soon on it and how it compared to a bunch of other j-45's.

Matters ,

did you buy the one they had at music villa ?(the one they did the acoustic letter review with) they said it got snatched up quick .

JC

Lars

Thank you for the link. I also enjoyed your picture of your J-45. Stunning is a good description!

Also thanks for the link to Antique Acoustics. I found the 1938 SJ-100 he has for sale interesting as it has a bridge with individual saddles like my 39 J-55. That picture is now in my collection!

I'm waiting for my favorite 5 Star dealer to get the next SC SJ. The last one he got sold in 2 days.

Rich

Matters ,

did you buy the one they had at music villa ?(the one they did the acoustic letter review with) they said it got snatched up quick .

JC

I don't believe so. Mine doesn't have the trance system.

Matt

Archived