Gibson Brands Forums

New Dot

Lone Watie

I picked up a new Dot the other day when I bought my SJ-200. I'm really enjoying trying to learn some blues licks on it. I love the way it sounds and its playability. I look forward to reading and posting here to get the most out of my new guitar. th_file-5.jpg

Also look forward to learning all the stuff can do to her to improve. I do need to pick up a case for it soon.

I also got a dot recently, a second-hand one, and I think they're fantastic. It's the first time I've had a 335 guitar and I've fallen in love with the honey-and-cream sound. A really beautiful instrument in looks as well as tone.

Not perfect though. The 57CH(G) pickups I have on mine are muddy and need a big mid cut to bring them into line. Next step will be to wind some new "vintage" style pickups and try out the Jimmy Page wiring for some extra tones (coil taps, phase etc).

The basic guitar is definitely good though and worth upgrading, if you're that way inclined.

I picked up a new Dot the other day when I bought my SJ-200. I'm really enjoying trying to learn some blues licks on it. I love the way it sounds and its playability. I look forward to reading and posting here to get the most out of my new guitar. th_file-5.jpg

Also look forward to learning all the stuff can do to her to improve. I do need to pick up a case for it soon.

I picked up a new Dot the other day when I bought my SJ-200.

Using the change you got back from the Super Jumbo? lol

I also got a new Dot recently - cherry, although I do like that natural. It needed a major setup, but with that, it is a super guitar. Welcome to the Dot club!

Nice Dot, always liked the natural look of the wood.

ArGo

I also got a dot recently, a second-hand one, and I think they're fantastic. It's the first time I've had a 335 guitar and I've fallen in love with the honey-and-cream sound. A really beautiful instrument in looks as well as tone.

Not perfect though. The 57CH(G) pickups I have on mine are muddy and need a big mid cut to bring them into line. Next step will be to wind some new "vintage" style pickups and try out the Jimmy Page wiring for some extra tones (coil taps, phase etc).

The basic guitar is definitely good though and worth upgrading, if you're that way inclined.

Agreed. I have a natural Dot with a thick mahogany neck, very nice guitar. I put in a pair of Duncan Seths (SH-55's). It came stock with the old muddy '57's. New Dots have much better PU's these days. I put the 4 push-pull Jimmy Page system into a Dot Deluxe and a Sheraton. Gives me all kinds of tones.

Archived