Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton 1962 reissue

lengle1981

So after debating which guitar to get next I'm going for one of these in cherry. I had a blast on one yesterday and have to say I'm very impressed. I got an epi 355 last year in white and absolutely love it but this one is even better, what a gorgeous guitar.

Anyway, my question is, are they still making these as I assume it is a limited run? I'm aiming to get my hands on one at the end of feb pay packet but I'm hoping these will still be available in the uk then. I know the 355 in white that I have is extremely hard to get hold of now and hope the Sheraton will still be available. Is anyone in the know with regards to availability?

So after debating which guitar to get next I'm going for one of these in cherry. I had a blast on one yesterday and have to say I'm very impressed. I got an epi 355 last year in white and absolutely love it but this one is even better, what a gorgeous guitar.

Anyway, my question is, are they still making these as I assume it is a limited run? I'm aiming to get my hands on one at the end of feb pay packet but I'm hoping these will still be available in the uk then. I know the 355 in white that I have is extremely hard to get hold of now and hope the Sheraton will still be available. Is anyone in the know with regards to availability?

If I were you I'd grab the one that you played in person. A lot of people have been having issues with ones being shipped to them and a lot of defects have been showing up on ebay as refurb'd seconds. The first one I ordered had a pretty noticeable crack in the neck. A couple of others have had this same issue. Don't know if its just the shipping or defect in the necks of these. I have another one on the way that should be arriving soon, but I'd snap one up while they are still available

If I were you I'd grab the one that you played in person. A lot of people have been having issues with ones being shipped to them and a lot of defects have been showing up on ebay as refurb'd seconds. The first one I ordered had a pretty noticeable crack in the neck. A couple of others have had this same issue. Don't know if its just the shipping or defect in the necks of these. I have another one on the way that should be arriving soon, but I'd snap one up while they are still available

Do you think they'll be available for the next month or so though? I will be getting it near end of feb as don't currently have the funds. Absolutely beautiful guitar though, fell in love with it as soon as I played it.

Do you think they'll be available for the next month or so though? I will be getting it near end of feb as don't currently have the funds. Absolutely beautiful guitar though, fell in love with it as soon as I played it.

That's hard to say. I ordered my first one in Mid November it arrived in December. It was defective so I sent it back and my new one should arrive in a week or two. So far there seems to be such a demand for these. When the store owner tried to get a rush replacement for me in time for Christmas Gibson said they couldn't do it because there was such a backorder for these.

That's hard to say. I ordered my first one in Mid November it arrived in December. It was defective so I sent it back and my new one should arrive in a week or two. So far there seems to be such a demand for these. When the store owner tried to get a rush replacement for me in time for Christmas Gibson said they couldn't do it because there was such a backorder for these.

Well they still have 4 at andertons and 5 at dawsons in the uk so hopefully they'll have some left. I know the 355 in white started getting harder to get hold of in April as I got that then but there was still some available so fingers crossed as I really want one of these beauties.

Sweetwater has a Natural right now ready to go. They even have a 3 payment option.

http://www.sweetwate...etail/ETC2NAGH3

Musician's Friend has a Cherry instock.

http://www.musicians...electric-guitar

And best of all, Guitar Center has them instock.

http://www.guitarcen...106-i2462322.gc

Best part of Guitar Center, they are offering 12 months same as cash.

Since Musician's Friend is offereing these with $50 off, (GC will match all offers, or better yet, ask for a better price) and 12 months same as cash financing, that would be $62.41 a month without tax.

Might be a way to get it now and pay it off as you go.

I got $100 off mine and 18 months same as cash.

Like lay-a-way only you get to play.

Just a thought.

Sweetwater has a Natural right now ready to go. They even have a 3 payment option.

http://www.sweetwate...etail/ETC2NAGH3

Musician's Friend has a Cherry instock.

http://www.musicians...electric-guitar

And best of all, Guitar Center has them instock.

http://www.guitarcen...106-i2462322.gc

Best part of Guitar Center, they are offering 12 months same as cash.

Since Musician's Friend is offereing these with $50 off, (GC will match all offers, or better yet, ask for a better price) and 12 months same as cash financing, that would be $62.41 a month without tax.

Might be a way to get it now and pay it off as you go.

I got $100 off mine and 18 months same as cash.

Like lay-a-way only you get to play.

Just a thought.

Sounds great does that but I'm in the uk! Want one of these in cherry so bad

Have they made this version in a Vintage Sunburst?

They made it in VSB, and it looks gorgeous! However I doubt that it is still available. At least here in Germany it is marked as sold out, while the Tremtone cherry and the natural are still available.

Archived