Gibson Brands Forums

Music Villa Review

JuanCarlosVejar

This video made me curious about a few things. My 2007 TV has a Sitka top. So besides cosmetics and electronics, what difference is there between my 2007 J-45 TV and a Modern J45 standard? In this video, Tony mentions the structural difference as only adirondack top and bracing... Also while I dontnhaveba scale, my perception is that my TV is lighter than my J-50 Modern Classic.

This video made me curious about a few things. My 2007 TV has a Sitka top. So besides cosmetics and electronics, what difference is there between my 2007 J-45 TV and a Modern J45 standard? In this video, Tony mentions the structural difference as only adirondack top and bracing... Also while I dontnhaveba scale, my perception is that my TV is lighter than my J-50 Modern Classic.

Regardless of top, the True Vintage J-45 uses the forward-shifted, wide x-bracing borrowed from the Advanced Jumbo. The J-45 Standard does not. The back bracing also differs.

Red 333

TS ,

you might want to watch this :

JC

Archived